GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I have upgraded the Xbox.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/11/02 at 01:14
Regular
Firstly, I stuck a big old Sticker of Mario on it (joking)...

...basically, I am extremely peeved off with my PS2, infact I am never going to buy another game for it, reason being its the second one I am about to return and it just randomly wiped my memory card again yesterday and now doesn't load games.

AT LEAST THE XBOX WORKS.

Another reason, the DVD player is crap, really bad, I can record something onto a MiniDV tape and I would prefer to play it back on my 2.5inch camera screen.

THE XBOX DVD PLAYER WORKS WELL.

Another reason, Oh bloody hell. Apparently, standing the PS2 vertically causes the problems and thats why I return it. Now, thump me in the face if I am being stupid, if Sony say it can stand on its vertical crappy side and work, why do they make an excuse its my fault it breaks for standing it on its side.

AT LEAST THE XBOX MAKES A DENT IN MY FLOOR AND CANNOT BE MOVED AND WORKS.

Another thing. Damn it, screw the PS2, don't care how good the games are, the console is a mere piece of crap, I prefer to throw my face against a sponge and beat Sean Connery over the head with an oscar. That would be fun. Stupid none loading machine.

I will go and play Buffy now. Then I shall play Monkey Ball 2.

XBox and Gamecube all the way.
Down with Sony. Stupid crap company. Should stick to cameras and tapes.
Mon 02/12/02 at 16:02
I have my ps2 and no problems so far mind you apart from vice city and frontline it is hardly played :D
Mon 02/12/02 at 00:00
Regular
"everyone says it"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Of course, the problem is that you don't hear anything from the
> millions of satisfied customers.

Yeap, they say:

'Thanks for helping me buy my Xbox/Gamecube'

And then they say:

'Phew, just as well you didn't let me buy that CRAP CRAP CRAP PS2, I heard it BRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEAAKSSSS down on people for no reason and that Sony really do build it cheaply, really cheaply, infact its insides are made of wool.'
Sun 01/12/02 at 11:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Belldandy wrote:
> A list of things which killed my 5 PS2's,
>
> PS2 #1 Decided to play DVDs back with random pauses after two weeks.
> PS2 #2 Switched it on, played a game for 30 mins, then fan died and
> the console became hot enough to heat the room.
> PS2 #3 Crap DVD playback after 4 months
> PS2 #4 Again, crap DVD playback
> PS2 #5 Switched it on, and it did nothing.
> PS2 #6 Sold on Ebay.co.uk
>
> And before anyone comments on the DVD faults - they all play fine on
> the PC and seperate DVD player.
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

Selling it on eBay killed it? And that's 6 PS2s, by the way. Even though only five died, the sixth was still included uder the heading of "Things that killed my 5 PS2s", so you are elligible for skitting. :)
Sun 01/12/02 at 00:37
"High polygon count"
Sounds like simple bad luck to me.

My PS1 lasted me 6 years, and is still going strong with the person I sold it to.

My PS2 has been vertical since purchase on launch day, and still works perfectly. No problems with memory cards, no scratched discs (CD or DVD), and perfect DVD playback.

Of course, the problem is that you don't hear anything from the millions of satisfied customers.
Sun 01/12/02 at 00:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
Crap console.

No really, its crap.

*places XBox on top of Playstation2, places Gamecube and Panasonic Q side by side on top of the XBox*

Never to be seen again. I will probably go and get a full refund during the week.

Crap PS2.
Sat 30/11/02 at 19:42
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
A list of things which killed my 5 PS2's,

PS2 #1 Decided to play DVDs back with random pauses after two weeks.
PS2 #2 Switched it on, played a game for 30 mins, then fan died and the console became hot enough to heat the room.
PS2 #3 Crap DVD playback after 4 months
PS2 #4 Again, crap DVD playback
PS2 #5 Switched it on, and it did nothing.
PS2 #6 Sold on Ebay.co.uk

And before anyone comments on the DVD faults - they all play fine on the PC and seperate DVD player.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 30/11/02 at 19:06
Regular
I sold my PS2 in Mrach this year but I didn't have any problems for the 5 months that I actually had one. The only problem I found was getting a decent game outside of GTA3 that didn't bore me to death or was riddled with faults, all was corrected ehen I got my Xbox :)

Back to Splinter Cell I go...
Sat 30/11/02 at 17:58
Regular
er-no wrote:
> XBox and Gamecube all the way.

Thats what I like to hear :-)

Quite a few of my mates PS2's have nearly seized function, Their PS2 only plays PSone disc and refuses to accept PS2 ones.

Sucky Sony.
Sat 30/11/02 at 17:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I did play either! Err....I mean both! Damn, foiled again.....
Sat 30/11/02 at 16:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
Blank wrote:
> Well I've had a PS2 since launch and a PS1 since around 1996 I think.
> I still have both of them, and neither of them have had any problems,
> even when the little spoke bits broke of the PS1 spindle and went
> inside the machine.

Its because you never played either. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.