GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVDs and PS2s"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 02:05
Regular
Hey ppl,

Does anyone know what Region DVDs work on PS2s?

Thats all!

Thank yous
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:31
†HÊ_MÅÐMÃÑ wrote:

> ive played over 100 dvds on my ps2 and they all have worked

And you are telling us that these are not all Region 2 DVD's? Check the back of them.

Unless your PS2 is 'special' or Sony have made the newer PS2's (is yours new?) multi regional (which i doubt they have) then i think this is just a little made up story?

You sure they werent all Region 2?
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:26
Regular
www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/901-sony-ps2-games-console.html

You can buy a modded PS2 from here which plays regions 1-8 and all with RGB output without the green screen.
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:58
Regular
"Max Power"
Verbatim wrote:
> †HÊ_MÅÐMÃÑ wrote:
> i can play all dvds on my ps2 and i havent got that region x thing
>
> Sorry, but im not too convinced about that statement.
>
> Unless you care to explain how that has happened?

ive played over 100 dvds on my ps2 and they all have worked
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:36
Regular
All DVDs... that you can buy in this country :D

Anyway, Prev, its like Darwock said. Without the Region X, you get "green screen" when using RGB cables, so you get a much better picture with your games, but green films. I get round this by using a cable from Blaze that has a switch allowing me to play games with RGB, but then films in regular scart. It means my DVDs aren`t so good, but it also means I don`t have to keep switching leads.

The best solution though is the Region X as this way you can leave in your nice spangly RGB cable and not worry about it. Obviously it also has the added benefit of allowing you to order nice cheap DVDs from abroad, earlier, and with more extra features.
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:20
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
i think your telling us porkies
Sun 01/12/02 at 11:36
†HÊ_MÅÐMÃÑ wrote:
> i can play all dvds on my ps2 and i havent got that region x thing

Sorry, but im not too convinced about that statement.

Unless you care to explain how that has happened?
Sun 01/12/02 at 11:06
Regular
"Max Power"
i can play all dvds on my ps2 and i havent got that region x thing
Sun 01/12/02 at 10:58
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The quality using Region X is not any better on the face of it, BUT - it removes the green screen effect caused by using a high quality RGB cable so now you can watch DVDs through a proper cable and the picture improves tenfold. It also disables macrovision (so you can copy to VCR).
Sun 01/12/02 at 02:40
As far as im aware, there is little picture quality difference, just tha ability to watch different region DVD's.

Though i dont have it, not really a DVD person.
Sun 01/12/02 at 02:38
Regular
"cachoo"
Pro Evo wrote:
> I was talking about with use of the Region thingy, I have a PS2
> obviously with DVD's. :D

:-D oops! I'm tired, ok!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.