GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sunday Afternoon Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 09:10
Regular
Sunday as you well know, is the day of rest. It’s the one day of the week most of us have to ourselves, where we can do whatever you want with your time. So your dad is out in the tool shed trying to fix the lawnmower, your mum is baking in the kitchen and your Grandma is asleep in the armchair in front of the television.

You have the whole day to fill, and don’t know what to do. Since we live in England there is a 50:50 chance it will be raining, there is every chance that there’s a rail strike and you cant get into town and your friends are doing coursework, so what do you do? Well, here is a compilation of the best “Sunday Afternoon Games” to fill in those 6 little hours between getting up and having your Sunday dinner.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Super Mario 64.

An oldie but a classic. Play as a fat moustached plumber in dungarees and rescue Princess Peach from the wrath of Bowser, a cartoony hybrid between a tortoise and a dragon. The violence is minimalistic and the ‘boings’ and ‘bleeps’ are 1 a minute, making this possibly the ultimate Sunday afternoon game. You will lose track of the mundane afternoon playing this timeless Nintendo classic.

Banjo Kazooie.

Play as Banjo, the camp and friendly bear-in-a-backpack, with his ever-trusty bird sidekick, Kazooie. Run around colourful levels, fight evil forest creatures and a witch with a really big chin whilst you collect loads of jigsaw pieces to make your life as a bear worthwhile. Well, its better than eating honey and not wearing any pants, Winnie the Pooh, I’m looking in your direction. Banjo Kazooie has a happy humming soundtrack and loads of giddy action making this another perfect Sunday afternoon game.

Smash Bro’s Melee

Beat the heck out of all your favourite Nintendo characters including Pikachu, Mario, Link and Yoshi. With fantastic playability and beautiful backdrops, this game was created to be played on a Sunday afternoon! With eye melting graphics and cutesy sound effects it is a brilliant title, also it is excellent to play with friends.

Sonic the Hedgehog

The grandfather of platformers, and a supreme Sunday afternoon title. Control the furry blue hedgehog in his quest to defeat Dr Robotnic who is turning your forest dwelling buddies into his robot slaves. Jump on your enemy’s heads and collect golden rings, it couldn’t be any simpler!

Tetris

Ok, not exactly pushing the limits of any console graphics wise, but its gameplay and addictiveness is hard to beat. You all will have played it at some time or other, why not a Sunday afternoon? Get all the little blocks to fit together or face the malevolent “Game Over” screen. You know you love it.

Well, I’ve given the suggestions, now its up to you to make the most of your Sunday afternoon. Whatever you do or wherever you go, make the most of it, after all, you only get 52 of them a year!

Thanks for reading

-kyz²²-
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
BEARDS. wrote:
> It's not a sweatshop, it's an "enhanced customer buying
> experience" program.

Yeah, and Bin Laden is a petty thief. ;-)
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:01
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Kyz22 wrote:
> BEARDS. wrote:
> I left him in the shed clearing up the trimmings from the largest
> hedge.
>
> Conclusive proof that the SR staff make random forum members work in
> their sweatshops, also known as their houses.

It's not a sweatshop, it's an "enhanced customer buying experience" program.
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:59
GAD worthy stuff there Kyz.
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
BEARDS. wrote:
> I left him in the shed clearing up the trimmings from the largest
> hedge.

Conclusive proof that the SR staff make random forum members work in their sweatshops, also known as their houses.
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I left him in the shed clearing up the trimmings from the largest hedge.
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Max Power"
Aj is somewhere
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You guys are lean
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:09
Regular
WHERE IS AJ! pfft! some notable!
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
*runs*
*pootles*
Where is AJ?
*pootles more sadly*
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:02
Regular
yes, confusing in your mind.

*dies*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.