GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steam Sale: Your picks"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/13 at 09:01
"possibly impossible"
It's that time of year when thrifty PC owners rub their hands with joy, the Steam Sale has begun!

This thread is here to share your daily top picks to help others trawl through the thousands of games on offer.

Yesterday's deals are still going, so I'll start there:

Call of Juarez Gunslinger (£8.03) - All of the previous games in the series are on offer, too, but they're mostly crap. Gunslinger is different. It's a great self contained story with some real cowboy action and an interesting plot.

Hotline Miami (£1.74) - weird, wonderful and more than a little messed up in the head. Own it now!

Defiance (£6.89) - at full price this was a little hit or miss. I enjoyed it, but the main missions are a bit repetitive. However, the MMO aspects mixed with loads of players online taking down huge enemies is well worth the asking price at the current rate.

Today's deals:
Just Cause 2 (£1.99) - if you haven't played this 3 year old game yet then grab it now. The open map idea was still fairly new back then but this game pulled off mountains, skydiving, zip lines on to planes and loads more OTT stuff.
Mon 22/07/13 at 23:51
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
DL wrote:
jakfan12 wrote:
[i]I think I added the right one do you have a little white thing as your picture?

Think you must have added someone else! I've not received any friend requests this evening.[/i]

Ahh I will try again in the morning when I have my laptop handy :)
Mon 22/07/13 at 22:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
jakfan12 wrote:
I think I added the right one do you have a little white thing as your picture?

Think you must have added someone else! I've not received any friend requests this evening.
Mon 22/07/13 at 19:18
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
DL wrote:
jakfan12 wrote:
[i]What is your Steam name?

BluTac[/i]
I think I added the right one do you have a little white thing as your picture?
Mon 22/07/13 at 18:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
jakfan12 wrote:
What is your Steam name?

BluTac
Mon 22/07/13 at 17:28
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Dr. Garin wrote:
Alfonse wrote:
[i]All singleplayer games on PC drop to five pounds eventually. Why don't people just wait for them?

And if everybody waits.... ? You no longer have games like Skyrim to buy in the first place.[/i]

I agree it's a long time to wait for a game to drop that low, I also assume that a sum of the full amount will go to the developers to produce more and better content
Mon 22/07/13 at 17:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Alfonse wrote:
All singleplayer games on PC drop to five pounds eventually. Why don't people just wait for them?

And if everybody waits.... ? You no longer have games like Skyrim to buy in the first place.
Mon 22/07/13 at 16:47
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Hello, yes rage is worth it in my opinion, I have it for Xbox360 and found it quite satisfying, decent weapons and relatively challenging storyline. Hope I could help :)
Mon 22/07/13 at 16:38
Regular
Prices are going up for the cards now?

I think I have enough games now. 210, I found a lot of nice looking indie games for a few pence each. I promise I'll get round to playing them DL.

I didnt get Rage. Do you think its worth 3.24? It does look good.
Mon 22/07/13 at 16:08
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
DL wrote:
jakfan12 wrote:
[i]You can sell or trade to anyone on your friends list :)

Thanks for that. Any offers anyone haha :¬D[/i]

What is your Steam name?
Mon 22/07/13 at 16:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
jakfan12 wrote:
You can sell or trade to anyone on your friends list :)

Thanks for that. Any offers anyone haha :¬D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.