GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Die Another Day?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 11:30
Regular
I saw it yesterday, the beginning was good, up until when he went to the surgery placce, then it looked like the film completely lost its budget, with low grade, computer effects, bettered in older films, and inconsistent mistakes such as.

1.Sun ray scorches american soil blowing up trees and oil tanks, but grass remains intact.

2.plane window shattered, people sucked out, then james and arch enemy stand up and have a full fledged punch out.

3.Sun ray dissapears after james bond rescues jinx and flies out of the side of the ice palace in the car.

Share your views on what I thought was a substandard film.
Thu 05/12/02 at 01:01
Regular
"bing bang bong"
John.J wrote:
> Umm hello this is the FOG forun

Where is your paedophile? He should be molesting you!
Thu 05/12/02 at 00:55
"slightlyshortertagl"
It's a good film.. but not a Bond film.
Thu 05/12/02 at 00:33
Regular
i love bond, and it seems the name is being ruined by a string of crap outings for our hero. Brosnan isnt the problem, he proved that in goldeneye, but the past 3 have been nothing short of pants.

the producers assume that all we want is newer gadgets and bigger explosions, and its all we seem to get now. that and big name bond girls who have the acting ability of a tub of nesquik.

and how many films do we have to endure where the bad guy hijacks/creates a satellite that will destroy the world?

that invisible car was just plain silly, and the plot was nigh on unbelievable.

MUST TRY HARDER
Thu 05/12/02 at 00:22
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
I totally agree with you tort, I saw it myself and it SUCKED it is the most stupid piece of crap ever.
Wed 04/12/02 at 23:11
Regular
"699 days!"
torticollis wrote:
> No. I didn't like it. I wouldnt reccomend it.

For me, I actually would thouroughly reccomend it - it is not like the usual Bond films, but it is very enjoyable even if it has lost some of its 'charm' and as films go it is top rate. A lot of good action and Torticollis I don't know what you are on about - the stunts and special effects were one of the highlights for me.
Wed 04/12/02 at 23:09
Regular
"699 days!"
torticollis wrote:
> I saw it yesterday, the beginning was good, up until when he went to
> the surgery placce, then it looked like the film completely lost its
> budget, with low grade, computer effects, bettered in older films, and
> inconsistent mistakes such as.
>
> 1.Sun ray scorches american soil blowing up trees and oil tanks, but
> grass remains intact.
>
K well i didn't see that but come on a minor mistake surely!
> 2.plane window shattered, people sucked out, then james and arch enemy
> stand up and have a full fledged punch out.

This is because as the plane dived the atmospheric pressure went back to almost normal again and as Jinx stabalised plane altitude they could stand without getting sucked out.
>
> 3.Sun ray dissapears after james bond rescues jinx and flies out of
> the side of the ice palace in the car.

The Iscarus worked on the basis of automiatic control - when the controlling mechanism was destroyed with Graves the system cut out.

As for the Jinx diamonds, they weren't sharp, and come on that is a piddling little excuse - do you really want to go through all the other bonds for ridiculously small errors like that???
>
> Share your views on what I thought was a substandard film.
Wed 04/12/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
No. I didn't like it. I wouldnt reccomend it.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:06
Regular
"Colourless"
I have only seen a few Bond films. Would anyone recommend seeing it/
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:07
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Personally, I thought it was one of the better Bond films. The lasers were cool, but they had nothing on Resident Evil, and that's where they lost their effect.

Nice to see Colin Salmon pieced back together after being cut up by the Resident Evil laser though :D
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Max Power"
John.J wrote:
> Umm hello this is the FOG forun

no it isnt its the FOG Forum and we know its the FOG Forum so why say whats not needed

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.