GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What does ' Exclusive' mean?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 12:17
Regular
There was a big hoo-har when Capcom announced the Res Evil series was now a Nintendo Exclusive. But now Resident Evil Online has been announced for PS2 (using the PlaystationBB service). I'm not complaining, it's just that I wondered what Nintendo's "Res Evil Exclusive" meant, does it mean they have exclusive rights to remade PS1 games and the new Res Evil Zero?
Sun 03/03/02 at 12:17
Regular
There was a big hoo-har when Capcom announced the Res Evil series was now a Nintendo Exclusive. But now Resident Evil Online has been announced for PS2 (using the PlaystationBB service). I'm not complaining, it's just that I wondered what Nintendo's "Res Evil Exclusive" meant, does it mean they have exclusive rights to remade PS1 games and the new Res Evil Zero?
Sun 03/03/02 at 13:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Exclusive Ex*clu"sive, n.
One of a coterie who exclude others; one who from real of
affected fastidiousness limits his acquaintance to a select
few.

Exclusive Ex*clu"sivea. Cf. F. exclusif.
1. Having the power of preventing entrance; debarring from
participation or enjoyment; possessed and enjoyed to the
exclusion of others; as, exclusive bars; exclusive
privilege; exclusive circles of society.

2. Not taking into the account; excluding from consideration;
-- opposed to inclusive; as, five thousand troops,
exclusive of artillery.

Nintendo's "exclusive" deal isn't exclusive at all. All they get is a remake of Resi 1, ports of Resi 2 -> 4, and the new Resi Zero. Then, the games are open to Sony again. Capcom can also carry on the with Gun Survivor series and other spin-offs for PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.