GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Championship Manager Effect"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 01:01
Regular
I've noticed a trend among people my own age and younger that is entirely the product of football and to a larger extent Champ Manager.

Youths, for want of a better genericism, now think that 30 year olds are over the hill.

Imagine that. At half their working lives, 30 year olds are considering to be past it because football teams would start contemplating selling them. And desktop managers would already start to be considering selling the player at 28-9.

My brother proved this yesterday, commenting on how old one of the sports teachers was at school. But he was only just over 30, so I pointed out that it wasn't really that old, and his reply was that he already would have sold him on Champ Manager. And that's when it clicked.

Thus Championship Manager should be banned in case any of this generation become executives in firms and sack half the workforce.
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:58
i dont buy anyone over 29/30 unless they r an absoloute graet or i am a crap team. i.e batistuta, zola, luis enrique. p.s check out my Champ Manager topic, it is a little more "up beat" then this one, and it has advice.
Sun 03/03/02 at 20:19
30? man i won't even buy a player if he's over 26. i stick to the youngsters so over the years they'll grow together and work as a well oiled machine. plus they'll last a good few years instead of about 3 or 4 years the older ones will last.

however this is in sporting terms and i don't measure people in real life like this. someone aged 50 is old to me. but remember life begins at 40 so they say
Sun 03/03/02 at 15:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm a big football fan, and for someone reason I see people in their 30+'s as being quite old, just because footballers and other athletes are nearing the end of their careers at that age!

But they're not really old, and old to me is something like 60. I try to forget about football ages when considering 'old age' now, but 35-40 is old for a footballer. Some people (mainly keepers) even play on into their 40's!! Like Dave Beasant!
Sun 03/03/02 at 01:01
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I've noticed a trend among people my own age and younger that is entirely the product of football and to a larger extent Champ Manager.

Youths, for want of a better genericism, now think that 30 year olds are over the hill.

Imagine that. At half their working lives, 30 year olds are considering to be past it because football teams would start contemplating selling them. And desktop managers would already start to be considering selling the player at 28-9.

My brother proved this yesterday, commenting on how old one of the sports teachers was at school. But he was only just over 30, so I pointed out that it wasn't really that old, and his reply was that he already would have sold him on Champ Manager. And that's when it clicked.

Thus Championship Manager should be banned in case any of this generation become executives in firms and sack half the workforce.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.