GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Topic"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/09/00 at 19:48
Regular
A bit misleading the title may be, but it has something to do with what I shall write.

Plots in games, are usually rather thin. Well they used to be anyway, (Can you think why you were a yellow blob and ate pills?) but thankfully, games are using plots in games now much more often, and sometimes the plot is so good, you get enchanted into the game, and get very attached to it. Games such as Half-Life, Deus Ex, Zelda even X Wing Alliance!

So. I would like to know what game everyone thinks had the best plot or story, and why. Come on, I know theres something that really changed the way you look at games, so spit it out.

I shall go first, me thinks.

The game I think had the best plot, at the moment, is Deus Ex. At first, things seem sketchy, but once you are into the game, and the wonderful ideas and concepts are made, it becomes very involving, and quite emotional at times. (I just wouldn't let my brother die! It took me a while, and after setting loads of traps, I saved him and we both escaped.
You actually want to replay certain parts if you hear about someones death or something that has happened, you want to change the past, something not possible in life (aparanttly) but possible in games.

Anyone else?
Sat 30/09/00 at 17:57
Regular
In Goldeneye, its rather funny in multiplayer to get a few mates, and put the characters in comprimsing positions, by looking up and down.
My friend tells me.
Sat 30/09/00 at 13:45
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't know about you but I talk to the characters on my TV, I don't have many freinds, so I switch Perfect dark or rainbow 6 on a find a guard and wait until they run out of ammo and get down on their knees, then I talk to them, it quite funny, or I shoot people in different places, legs arms shoulders and wait for them to cry for mercy!! HA HA HA HA!! you make you own story lines, like Counter Co-OP modes, you and a mate can join up like spy and corrupt gaurd(not very interresting)but you work together to take on the world, ganging up on the helpless gaurds with no guns(h aha, shoot the guards hand and he drops his gun, your mate can then pick it up and shoot him in the leg, he is then in your command). there isn't one game thatis better with a little imagination, Zelda, you can do loads of things, it's not just about saving the world from destruction, it's about helping people find a better place in life, and helping people find their true selves.
True, True.
Sat 30/09/00 at 12:15
"possibly impossible"
This goes back to games characters and getting 'involved' in the game. If a game needs a plot it will have one. Whether it is a very good one or not is up to the company that makes it.
Some games don't really need plots at all, but have them anyway. Arkanoid was one example, a bat and ball game that had a plot about defeating an alien enemy. The game would have been good with or without a plot, but I guess the game's companies want to make things more interesting for us gamers, so they create storylines that go absolutely nowhere.
Some plotlines are really good, most adventures obviously need them, but you do get the feeling that the creators have all been watching the same film!
Sat 30/09/00 at 11:37
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
????? Talk about loosing the point, hhhmmm, barbie doesn't get out of the car, except to show you around and pose next to the option lists(boring) my brain can't cope with big words today, so i think i had better leave it there, as I might make a mistake, I don't think Eminems helping me.
Fri 29/09/00 at 19:20
(commentator's deep voice...) Barbie was in the woods, everything was quiet, she wondered happily looking for flowers. Suddenly a dark shadow came over the land. Barbie looked up and saw a huge silver disc with flashing lights. A figure started to appear through the misty entrance that had opened on the disc...
"Oh sh&t, it's the aliens again, I hate science fiction games" She said.
Fri 29/09/00 at 18:29
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
noplot?? tiger woods has to complete the world series and FIFa 98 you need to win the world cup, they seem like plots, sort of, just because they don't have 5 hours of video clips of men scoring goals, except for the action replay but that doesn't count. Barbie race and Ride is a classic game, I would recommend it to any fan of the blonde doll, I also think that Lego racer is a very well made game, there is a cheat to get the rocket car, it's worth useing but it doesn't neccassarily mean you will beat the bad boss man!
Thu 28/09/00 at 23:01
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Games with no plot but still good:

Gran Turismo 1 and 2
Tiger Woods Golf
FIFA 98
Rollcage

Sure you can think of some more.

Games with plot but still good:

Resident Evil Series
MGS
FF Series
GoldenEye
Diablo II

Games with plot but are naff:

Barbie Race and Ride
Tarzan
Bug's Life
Anything else by Disney.

Games with no plot but are naff:

Er....loads
Thu 28/09/00 at 22:49
Regular
CBFD is a platformer not a RPG. Its sort of like Banjo but with more attitude. But its out only next year along with tooie.
Thu 28/09/00 at 21:51
Regular
Aliens and Alien was good.
The other two, well. I would like to describe them, but there are language controllers on this forum.
Thu 28/09/00 at 21:24
Sooooooooo
you don't like the Alien films then
not even ALIEN RESURECTION that was good
oh and yes it is a playstation game also but that doesn't mean that it is s***e

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.