GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Tue 03/12/02 at 16:28
Regular
What console should I buy Timesplitters 2 for? what does it play best on, any ideas? Also what do you think of it?
Fri 06/12/02 at 01:46
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
The unofficial 'Cube' magazine gave Starfox Adventures 9.4 out of 10 whilst ive seen other reviews give the same game scores as low as 6.1

There seems to be no middle ground with Starfox Adventures, either you love it or you loathe it. I havnt played it so i cant comment any further.
Wed 04/12/02 at 13:20
Yeah, I'd steer clear of Starfox to be honest. I returned it after two days because it's just....rubbish.

Anyway, the one thing that disappointed me about the TS2 map maker is that you can't actually build rooms or put stuff in them. You just put rooms together in a nice shape and that's it. The level creator on Tony Hawks 2 was better, and that's donkey's years old. Well, a few.
Tue 03/12/02 at 23:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It takes up about 6 spaces I think, but don't worry it will only last
> a few hours, then you'll realise that the game sucks and want your
> money back.
>
> :D

I like the look of it. I looked on a site and it says 3 blocks. I think I should have enough. I have Star Wars Rogue Leader, Luigis Mansion, Smash Brothers, Wave Race, Resident Evil and Super Mario sunshine all saved on it.
Tue 03/12/02 at 23:31
Regular
adrian wrote:
Actually I will
> have to check how much free space I have and how much Star Fox uses as
> I am getting that for christmas.

It takes up about 6 spaces I think, but don't worry it will only last a few hours, then you'll realise that the game sucks and want your money back.

:D
Tue 03/12/02 at 23:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> But with 251 on the latest, which lets face it you would have to be an
> inbred to not buy. It really is begger all.

Damn I am a inbred. Well I had my official 59 card with my GC and so far have a little space left, but no need to get the 251 yet, I will get one when I need the space but my 59 card is ok. Actually I will have to check how much free space I have and how much Star Fox uses as I am getting that for christmas.
Tue 03/12/02 at 23:23
"High polygon count"
On the other hand, maybe jacko doesn't care about the map maker?

I certainly haven't bothered with it. Didn't on the original, either.
Tue 03/12/02 at 23:20
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
59 blocks is the 4 meg card, theres also an official 16 meg card (251 blocks) and other 3rd party memory cards that hold over 900 blocks (64mb)
Tue 03/12/02 at 23:19
Regular
adrian wrote:

> But with only 59 blocks on the standard card it can only save 29
> levels :). I would get the XBox version personnally as I like the XBox
> controller, and I have a friend who comes over with his XBox for link
> ups on Halo, so we would do TS2 link ups.

But with 251 on the latest, which lets face it you would have to be an inbred to not buy. It really is begger all.

A lot of people aren't gonna be able to do an Xbox link up either. But as I said it's different strokes for different folks.
Tue 03/12/02 at 23:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> but think of the limited space
> on a PS2 or GC memory card. XBox will be able to save thousands and
> thousands of levels.
>
> You only need 2 blocks on GC cards which is absoloutly begger all
> space. Anyway you'll get bored of the level creator after you've done
> a few, it's not very good.

But with only 59 blocks on the standard card it can only save 29 levels :). I would get the XBox version personnally as I like the XBox controller, and I have a friend who comes over with his XBox for link ups on Halo, so we would do TS2 link ups.
Tue 03/12/02 at 23:02
Regular
adrian wrote:
but think of the limited space
> on a PS2 or GC memory card. XBox will be able to save thousands and
> thousands of levels.

You only need 2 blocks on GC cards which is absoloutly begger all space. Anyway you'll get bored of the level creator after you've done a few, it's not very good.

I'd go for the console that you prefer the controller on. All versions of the game relativly simliar, but Free Radical did say that the Cube version is the best out of the 3 mainly cause of the controls.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.