GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sayings for Game Characters/Players"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/09/00 at 02:46
Regular
Solid Snake: "If it moves, choke it."
Lara Croft: "If it moves, shoot it." (Cleaned up version)
Chris (Resident Evil): "If it's dead, kill it."
Colin McRae: "What tree?"
Jonah Lomu: "What opposition?"
Descent players: "What collision detection?"
Worms players: "Revenge!"
Z players: "Put the kettle on while the next level loads."
Gran Turismo players: "Just one more lap....."
Barbie Race and Ride players: "Did I really PAY for this?"
Tue 03/10/00 at 18:56
I just read 'Lock n loads' reply on here and he said

"Star Trek- Resistance is FURTILE

It's ment to be Futile but I had a good laugh at this!

lol :-)
Mon 02/10/00 at 20:51
Regular
Won't that be great! Dubbed games from Japan with FMV actors speaking out of time with their voices! It'll be just like at the movies! (Have you seen Who Am I?, thats hilarious!)
Mon 02/10/00 at 20:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Lip synch is not impossible Grix. :-) With new advances in speech recognition software developers are working on a system of graphics being able to "speak" words. For example, the vowel sound "oh" would have a characters lips move into a ring shape and so on, thereby removing the need for adequate translation software when different languages are dubbed over for when the game reaches other countries. Still in its infancy, but expect to see this kind of technology being used in games in the next 3 to 5 years.
Mon 02/10/00 at 20:06
Regular
Another thing is lip sync. Impossible. Firstly, there is more than one language for the game, and secondly, actually... just the one. Yes.
Mon 02/10/00 at 19:48
And if you forge they are separate sentences and put them together it all gets a bit....well....dodgy!

But think on this a moment - Until recently games characters didn't speak as such, they just had speech bubbles. It must be so difficult for the developers to imagine how the character actually sounds and then get a voice actor (usually a very bad one) to do the voice. Imagine if they got it wrong? Sonic would have a gruff, deep voice and Lara Croft might be a tough sounding scottish woman rather than a plummy english one.
Mon 02/10/00 at 16:21
Regular
"I don't care what you smell, get in there!"
Han Solo to Chewbacca.
"Blast my metal body I wan't fast enough!"
C3-PO.
"Judge me by my size do you?"
Yoda to Luke.
Mon 02/10/00 at 00:20
It's the kind of game where you resque the dragon, steal the princess and kill the treasure...
Mon 02/10/00 at 00:18
For those of you who don't have the faintest idea what the h-e-double-hockeysticks I'm talking about, go buy a copy of "Kingdom O' Magic"...

You'll luuurve it..
Mon 02/10/00 at 00:17
- Take me, take me...
- But A Don't Find Ye Attactive...
- Take me across the lake...

(to the Bakers Island, where you let the small boy eat the large, ferocious ginger bread men)
Mon 02/10/00 at 00:14
- Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying euthanasia is everybody's cup of tea...
- Tea? Why, I'd love a cup of tea. I'll go put the kettle on...

(this is the point where you steal the small boy, sitting in the cage)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.