GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wordpress Update - Site Now Broken??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/13 at 14:16
Regular
Hi all,

My website is down and I have no idea why.

I updated the WordPress about a month ago and everything has been working fine. Then I checked the site, but it's no longer functioning.

It just says:

http://registration. freeola.net/errors/e. php?ec=500

A scripting/config error...

I've tried messing about with the .htaccess file. When I remove it the site says "Error Establishing a Network Connection".

I tried making a new wp-config.php file but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas? Fixes?

Cheers

Bob
Thu 27/06/13 at 18:19
Regular
Aha, this was just posted.

Fault
Multiple Freeola Services - VIP Hosting, EmailPro, MyFreeola 27/6/13 5:53 PM:
We are currently experiencing issues at one of our data centres which is causing problems with a number of our services.

Customers using VIP Hosting and EmailPro will be experiencing issues and it is not currently possible to access MyFreeola.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this will cause, we hope the issues will be resolved as soon as possible.

Any further updates will be made via this page.
Thu 27/06/13 at 18:16
Regular
Hi there!

I'm having the same problem.

I also cannot access my website details via the freeola control panel to get my FTP details.

I keep getting 504 Gateway Time-out.
Thu 20/06/13 at 22:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi Robert James Fletcher (born January 6, 1985) ...

... your site seems to work fine ... :¬)
Thu 20/06/13 at 21:21
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The MySQL work today did nothing to change the current customer MySQL service, it was just to grab a snapshot of the current databases on the server.
I will have a check and see what I can find out.

Edit: I've checked you account and you only have 1 VIP website, which appears to be working fine. I clicked around a few pages and saw no errors. If you can let us know a URL where you are getting errors then I can investigate further, otherwise you can try checking through the error.log file, which is in the root of you VIP web space when you login via FTP.
Thu 20/06/13 at 15:51
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
If it's the site you've previously mentioned then it's working for me at the moment.

Freeola did do some MySQL work earlier today - I guess there's a chance that's related if it only became unavailable today?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 20/06/13 at 14:16
Regular
Hi all,

My website is down and I have no idea why.

I updated the WordPress about a month ago and everything has been working fine. Then I checked the site, but it's no longer functioning.

It just says:

http://registration. freeola.net/errors/e. php?ec=500

A scripting/config error...

I've tried messing about with the .htaccess file. When I remove it the site says "Error Establishing a Network Connection".

I tried making a new wp-config.php file but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas? Fixes?

Cheers

Bob

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.