GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Secure or not secure?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/13 at 20:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Working within the food retail business these days would seem to give some modicum of job security ... or does it?

Mrs DL arrived home yesterday evening with the news that she has been issued with an 'at risk of redundancy' notice and that the 1-1 meeting was today. Her 30 day consultation period starts as of now!

Mrs DL has worked as a Cash Office Manager/Supervisor for nearly 26 years in a supermarket building that has been frequently altered internally and in ownership ... it is now owned by Morrisons.

Morrisons are now making this position redundant throughout all their stores due to IT improvements and company infrastructure.

This may help Ken increase his millions but now means that the only income in our house is my ill-health pension ... not a lot to look forward to, at least she wasn't told just before Christmas as I was 2 years ago ...thanks for that Ken xx
Sun 21/04/13 at 13:20
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Any news on this by the way DL?
Sat 13/04/13 at 11:39
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Damn, not knowing and having to wait for news that could be good or bad really does my head in.

Hope it all turns out OK.
Sat 13/04/13 at 11:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Smedders wrote:
Any news DL?

Hi Smedders ...

No not really! It's turning into a 'farce'. The 1 - 1 meeting yesterday was a waste of time as no information or package had come from Head Office, as it should have done. Yet another 'initial' meeting is planned for either Monday or Wednesday next week ... it just keeps her guessing! She's not slept the last two nights :¬(
Sat 13/04/13 at 08:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Any news DL?
Fri 12/04/13 at 09:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
Really hope the meeting goes well this morning DL, is there not a possibility of Mrs. DL moving to another position within the same company?

Thanks pete, I'll pass on your regards. As for 'redeployment' the answer seems to be no and that's for all 658 persons concerned!

@Smedders ... it doesn't work like that ...

For each FULL year of employment you get:

0.5 week’s pay up to your 22nd birthday
1 week’s pay after your 22nd birthday
1.5 weeks’ pay after your 41st birthday

Length of service is capped at 20 years and weekly pay at £450. Years of service or earnings over these amounts aren’t included in the calculation.

The maximum amount of statutory redundancy pay is £13,500.

That's it, unless your company has a redundancy scheme!

On top of your redundancy amount, is 8 weeks pay in lieu of notice - this is taxable - when, in theory, you could be asked to work this period of time!
Fri 12/04/13 at 09:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Really hope the meeting goes well this morning DL, is there not a possibility of Mrs. DL moving to another position within the same company?
Fri 12/04/13 at 08:45
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
If the worst does happen and she is made redundant, does the fact she's been there 26 years mean she'll have a nice pay-off?

I know a number of firms that give you 1 months salary for each year worked there, usually up to a maximum of 24 years or 2 years salary as a redundancy payment?
Thu 11/04/13 at 19:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Smedders, Mrs DL has another meeting tmoz :¬(
Thu 11/04/13 at 18:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Sorry to hear that DL hope all pans out OK.
Thu 11/04/13 at 08:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks pb ... but I feel like it's the lull before the storm again, at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.