GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blue Dragon"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Blue Dragon'.
Mon 01/10/07 at 11:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Took me 80 hours but I cleared the final achievement hurdle this morning, and I have to say that from start to finish this game rocked, best RPG I've played in a long, long time and a very, very satisfying ending, reminded me of the long drawn-out bossfight from Final Fantasy 7 except Blue Dragon has more of a bonus in terms of extra storyline at the end.

One of those games that starts out good then keeps on getting better. Ultra Hard Mod here we come! (It just got released on XBox Live as a free download, includes New Game+ and Impossible Mode, which will no doubt chew up a couple hundred more hours of my gaming life).
Mon 01/10/07 at 11:37
Regular
Took me 80 hours but I cleared the final achievement hurdle this morning, and I have to say that from start to finish this game rocked, best RPG I've played in a long, long time and a very, very satisfying ending, reminded me of the long drawn-out bossfight from Final Fantasy 7 except Blue Dragon has more of a bonus in terms of extra storyline at the end.

One of those games that starts out good then keeps on getting better. Ultra Hard Mod here we come! (It just got released on XBox Live as a free download, includes New Game+ and Impossible Mode, which will no doubt chew up a couple hundred more hours of my gaming life).
Mon 01/10/07 at 13:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i was enjoying it to before the 360 packed up, i'd just gotten to the stage where Zola appears. Very enjoyable up to that point, nice to have a traditional RPG instead of all the boring hack n slash action rubbish that is littering the RPG genre nowadays
Mon 01/10/07 at 20:20
Regular
Because we're like totally running out of those traditional RPGs.
Tue 02/10/07 at 00:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*sighs* even though i know it's just another bait attempt to p!ss me off, whatever i'm bored so i'll bite.

I'll go quite a while back just to be fair although as i only own a PS2 and 360 they're the only ones i care about, so if the Wii and PS3 are awash with Traditional turn based RPG games then i do apologise (release list grabbed off RPGamer so blame them if i missed any)

PS2

Rogue Galaxy - Action RPG
Ar Tonelico - Traditional
Shining Force EXA - Action RPG
.hack//G.U. Vol.2//Reminisce - Action RPG/MMO style system
Dawn of Mana - Action RPG
Odin Sphere - Action RPG
Atelier Iris 3 - Traditional
Grim Grimoire - RTS system
Persona 3 - Traditional but only able to control 1 party member out of three
Wild Arms 5 - Strategic
.hack//G.U. Vol.3//Redemption - Action RPG/MMO style system
Growlanser: Heritage of War - FF12 style system minus the gambits
Soul Nomad - Strategic

Oblivion - Action RPG
Overlord - Action and RTS combined
Two Worlds - Action RPG
Blue Dragon - Traditional
Eternal Sonata - Mix of turn based and action rpg

So out of 18 games including Blue Dragon there's been 4 (i'll be kind and include Persona 3 even though you can only control one character and have to rely on the AI for the rest of your party, which i hate)

Hmmm so it seems we're positively swimming in Traditional RPG's, whoops my apologies.
Tue 02/10/07 at 09:00
Regular
RPGamer missed out Enchanted Arms?
Tue 02/10/07 at 13:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nope i did that :-D I was only doing 2007 releases, only put Oblivion in as i was chatting to someone about it at the time. I even have Enchanted Arms in my collection, d'oh

Make that 4 out of 19 then :-D
Sat 06/10/07 at 11:59
Regular
I was talking about over the years my friend, the traditional RPG has had it's day and I find it rather tedious in this modern age. Pokemon is one of the best examples.
Sat 06/10/07 at 12:28
Regular
"lets go back"
I'm tempted to get this soon. Its only £25 on GAME's website. I need to finish a few other games first though.
Sat 06/10/07 at 15:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ohhh, over the years? Of course ......
Sat 06/10/07 at 16:35
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I think some of those classifications are a bit unfair. Any slight deviation from the formula and its no longer traditional and/or an action RPG? I've played through most of Rogue Galaxy, its hardly an action RPG. Yeah ok the combat isnt turn based but its hardly full on action oriented combat either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.