GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frontline or Unreal Champ"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 22:36
Regular
I play 4 player Halo and Timesplitters all the time.

I'm undecided about Frontline and Unreal C. Advice please.
Sat 07/12/02 at 21:30
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Sorry I didn't have time to read this- I went and got Frontline today.

Its quite good- better than 5.4. I'd give it a seven or a bit more if I was generous. Its not a 10/10 like PSW said anyway, the loopers.

Graphics are ok. Bit angular in spots but gritty and very WW2 like. First mission- storming the beach is very impressive with bombs and bullets zipping everywhere. Just like saving privite ryan.

The game overall has alot less slowdown than the PS2 version, but some is there in Multiplayer. Multiplayer is a bit bare but some of the levels are good.

I flying through the game at the moment. After 3 hours I was on Mission 3, and there only are 5 missions! If I complete it soon GAME are gonna regret having the 10 day no fuss return scheme coz im gonna take advantage of it.
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:33
Regular
Frontline was okay on the ps2, but not great. I bought unreal tournement yesterday and personally i think it is amazing.

At the moment i reakon im about half way through the single player mode (skilled only - ill move onto a harder mode later, honest). So this might deter some people. But where UC will really become good is when you get online with it. I havnt got BB yet so i cant judge, but ive heard its good.

To cut it short. pick Unreal Championship up as soon as you can play xbox live with it (this way you might save a few quid). If you have the starter kit and a BB connection, stop what youre doing now and go get it. By any means possible.
Sat 07/12/02 at 15:32
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Unreal i would say.
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
It depends on what you want. UC is a very fast frag fest which leaves Halo multi-player looking like an old granny walking down the street. The single play is pretty good, but all it is only a multi-player kind of a game. So the multi-player is the same as the single player but instead of fighting bots on single player you fight real people. If you have played Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament then its the same sort of thing.

I hear that Frontline isnt that good as alot of people say there is only one good level. OXBM gave UC 9.2 while I think Frontline got 5.4, it may have been in another magazine that Frontline got 5.4. I dont know how the multi-player is so I cant comment. I cant really comment on the single player game as I havent played it.
Fri 06/12/02 at 23:11
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I don't have Broadband nor will I be getting Xbox live for a good while yet for my PC is crap and my dad doesn't give a toss about the internet.

UC only is worth getting for XBocLive I hear, as Multiplayer is a bit cluncky and there basicly isn't much to the single player. Fronline has a good solo player(ove played it at a friends) but its multiplayer is meant to be just bolted on without much thought.

Um- anyone got UC or Frontline yet to comment?
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:50
Regular
Choose whichever one is Xbox live compatable.
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:36
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I play 4 player Halo and Timesplitters all the time.

I'm undecided about Frontline and Unreal C. Advice please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.