GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Few Bits Of Good Advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/02/13 at 11:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
After the 48 Laws of Power thread telling you how to turn into a complete idiot, I thought I'd post a few quotes I've picked from a book giving you advice on how to better yourself.

Think these are much better than the 48 Laws!

Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night. (William Blake)

Let your enemies be disarmed by the gentleness of your manner, but at the same time let them feel the steadiness of your resentment. (Lord Chesterfield)

Be wiser than other people, if you can, but do not tell them so. (Lord Chesterfield)

Don’t ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up. (GK Chesterton)

Most idiots don’t lose their privacy, they give it away. (Chrissie Hynde)

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted. (John Lennon)

Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. (Terry Pratchett)

The greatest mistake is to be more agreeable than you can be. (Walter Bagehot)

When one burns one’s bridges, what a very nice fire it makes. (Dylan Thomas)

Not all who wander are lost. (JRR Tolkien)

Never argue with an idiot, for he is doing the same. (Les Barker)

If you are going through hell, keep going. (Winston Churchill)

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious. (Oscar Wilde)

We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over. (Aneurin Bevan)

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. (Malcolm Muggeridge)

If you drink too much from a bottle marked “poison”, it is almost certain to disagree with you, sooner or later. (Lewis Carroll)

The only thing one can do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself. (Oscar Wilde)

Never look backwards or you’ll fall down the stairs. (Rudyard Kipling)

Always do right. That will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Alexander Pope)

If we know what the future is, we aren’t looking far enough ahead. (Tim Berners-Lee)

I never forgive, but I always forget. (Arthur Balfour)

In a totally sane society, madness is the only freedom. (JG Ballard)

To disagree with ¾ of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity. (Oscar Wilde)

He that doth get a wench with child and marries her afterwards, it is as it a man should defecate in his hat and then clap it on his head. (Samuel Pepys)

When childhood dies, its corpses are called adults. (Brian Aldiss)

Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life. (Cecil Rhodes)

Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away. (English proverb)

I love it when someone insults me. That means I don’t have to be nice anymore. (Billy Idol)

The best way I know of to win an argument is to start off by being in the right. (Lord Hailsham)

I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. (Ian Fleming)

It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time. (Samuel Johnson)

The most positive way to think about death is to live. (Michael Caine)

Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. (George Bernard Shaw)

If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there. (Lewis Carroll)

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. (Jonathan Swift)

A wise person does at once what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing, only at different times. (Lord Acton)

Say you’re sorry. No-one says you have to mean it. (Jeff Green)

We don’t deliberately set out to offend. Unless we feel it’s justified. (Graham Chapman)

It is better to be a has-been than a never-was. ( C Northcote Parkinson)

Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. (AA Milne)

Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable than risk being happy. (Robert Anthony)

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. (Oscar Wilde)

One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats. (Iris Murdoch)

For a happy and successful life you need a love of people. (Johnny Ball)

The only exercise I get is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise. (Peter O’Toole)

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. (Lord Byron)

The only important thing to realize about history is that it all took place in the last 5 minutes. (Celia Green)

There is no satisfaction in hanging a man who does not object to it. (George Bernard Shaw)

Bad laws are made to be broken. (Dr Who)

A bad review may spoil your breakfast, but you shouldn’t allow it to spoil your lunch. (Kingsley Amis)

Books are like mirrors: if a fool looks in, you cannot expect a genius to look out. (JK Rowling)

Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who have minded beyond reason the opinion of others. (Virginia Woolf)

Experience teaches only the teachable. (Aldous Huxley)

Life wouldn’t be worth living if I worried over the future as well as the present. (W Somerset Maugham)

Drink your coffee when you can, and when you cannot, be easy without it. (Jonathan Swift)

The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything – or nothing. (Nancy Astor)

It seems that I have spent my life trying to make life more rational, and that it was all wasted effort. (AJ Ayer)

If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. (JK Rowling)

Women are never disarmed by compliments. Men always are. That is the difference between the two sexes. (Oscar Wilde)

When speculation has done its worst, two and two still make four. (Samuel Johnson)

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. (Oscar Wilde)

What begins in fear usually ends in failure. (Samuel Taylor Coleridge)

The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them. (Queen Victoria)

Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. (Oscar Wilde)
Mon 25/02/13 at 11:19
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Haha, I love these!

Thanks for sharing!
Mon 25/02/13 at 11:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
After the 48 Laws of Power thread telling you how to turn into a complete idiot, I thought I'd post a few quotes I've picked from a book giving you advice on how to better yourself.

Think these are much better than the 48 Laws!

Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night. (William Blake)

Let your enemies be disarmed by the gentleness of your manner, but at the same time let them feel the steadiness of your resentment. (Lord Chesterfield)

Be wiser than other people, if you can, but do not tell them so. (Lord Chesterfield)

Don’t ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up. (GK Chesterton)

Most idiots don’t lose their privacy, they give it away. (Chrissie Hynde)

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted. (John Lennon)

Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. (Terry Pratchett)

The greatest mistake is to be more agreeable than you can be. (Walter Bagehot)

When one burns one’s bridges, what a very nice fire it makes. (Dylan Thomas)

Not all who wander are lost. (JRR Tolkien)

Never argue with an idiot, for he is doing the same. (Les Barker)

If you are going through hell, keep going. (Winston Churchill)

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious. (Oscar Wilde)

We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over. (Aneurin Bevan)

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. (Malcolm Muggeridge)

If you drink too much from a bottle marked “poison”, it is almost certain to disagree with you, sooner or later. (Lewis Carroll)

The only thing one can do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself. (Oscar Wilde)

Never look backwards or you’ll fall down the stairs. (Rudyard Kipling)

Always do right. That will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Alexander Pope)

If we know what the future is, we aren’t looking far enough ahead. (Tim Berners-Lee)

I never forgive, but I always forget. (Arthur Balfour)

In a totally sane society, madness is the only freedom. (JG Ballard)

To disagree with ¾ of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity. (Oscar Wilde)

He that doth get a wench with child and marries her afterwards, it is as it a man should defecate in his hat and then clap it on his head. (Samuel Pepys)

When childhood dies, its corpses are called adults. (Brian Aldiss)

Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life. (Cecil Rhodes)

Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away. (English proverb)

I love it when someone insults me. That means I don’t have to be nice anymore. (Billy Idol)

The best way I know of to win an argument is to start off by being in the right. (Lord Hailsham)

I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. (Ian Fleming)

It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time. (Samuel Johnson)

The most positive way to think about death is to live. (Michael Caine)

Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. (George Bernard Shaw)

If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there. (Lewis Carroll)

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. (Jonathan Swift)

A wise person does at once what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing, only at different times. (Lord Acton)

Say you’re sorry. No-one says you have to mean it. (Jeff Green)

We don’t deliberately set out to offend. Unless we feel it’s justified. (Graham Chapman)

It is better to be a has-been than a never-was. ( C Northcote Parkinson)

Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. (AA Milne)

Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable than risk being happy. (Robert Anthony)

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. (Oscar Wilde)

One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats. (Iris Murdoch)

For a happy and successful life you need a love of people. (Johnny Ball)

The only exercise I get is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise. (Peter O’Toole)

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. (Lord Byron)

The only important thing to realize about history is that it all took place in the last 5 minutes. (Celia Green)

There is no satisfaction in hanging a man who does not object to it. (George Bernard Shaw)

Bad laws are made to be broken. (Dr Who)

A bad review may spoil your breakfast, but you shouldn’t allow it to spoil your lunch. (Kingsley Amis)

Books are like mirrors: if a fool looks in, you cannot expect a genius to look out. (JK Rowling)

Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who have minded beyond reason the opinion of others. (Virginia Woolf)

Experience teaches only the teachable. (Aldous Huxley)

Life wouldn’t be worth living if I worried over the future as well as the present. (W Somerset Maugham)

Drink your coffee when you can, and when you cannot, be easy without it. (Jonathan Swift)

The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything – or nothing. (Nancy Astor)

It seems that I have spent my life trying to make life more rational, and that it was all wasted effort. (AJ Ayer)

If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. (JK Rowling)

Women are never disarmed by compliments. Men always are. That is the difference between the two sexes. (Oscar Wilde)

When speculation has done its worst, two and two still make four. (Samuel Johnson)

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. (Oscar Wilde)

What begins in fear usually ends in failure. (Samuel Taylor Coleridge)

The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them. (Queen Victoria)

Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. (Oscar Wilde)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.