GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Re-making an old game for a different console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 20:09
Regular
Take Doom for example. A classic game that was first made for the Pc and then later made for N64 and GBA. I think bring the old classics back is much better than some of the games that are out now and games that are being made now.
Sun 24/02/02 at 21:13
Regular
"relocated"
I do like the idea of all my old favourites being recreated on Gameboy Advance, because that adds something new to them: the ability to play on the bus (um, a really well lit bus obviously).

But unless you're going to do what Nintendo did with MarioKart, which was to iron out all the flaws in an already near perfect game, then it becomes pretty pointless. I don't think the Doom conversion really does ANYTHING new, and it certainly doesn't do anything better than the originals. That said, I'd rather that companies spent their time on remaking good games than bashing out lazy titles that have a movie or cartoon license and nothing else.

I guess what's needed in the industry is a balance between recreating proven ideas and developing new ones: I don't think anyone would want to sacrifice a game like Advance Wars for the sake of some retro clone.
Sun 24/02/02 at 20:45
Regular
QuakeTheRoom wrote:
> Curny wrote:
> Yeah..I thin they should get the streets of rage series to
> the GBA it would be
> so cool

Yeah me too, that was a great game because
> it was higly playable, that's what makes a good game.

They've already re-made the Mario series, so I think maybe they should make Secrets of Mana
Sun 24/02/02 at 20:43
Curny wrote:
> Yeah..I thin kthey should get the streets of rage series to the GBA it would be
> so cool

Yeah me too, that was a great game because it was higly playable, that's what makes a good game.
Sun 24/02/02 at 20:40
Regular
Hello, is anybody out there?!!
Sun 24/02/02 at 20:17
Regular
Maybe
Sun 24/02/02 at 20:12
Yeah..I thin kthey should get the streets of rage series to the GBA it would be so cool
Sun 24/02/02 at 20:09
Regular
Take Doom for example. A classic game that was first made for the Pc and then later made for N64 and GBA. I think bring the old classics back is much better than some of the games that are out now and games that are being made now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.