GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Bang Theory"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/01/13 at 19:33
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Anyone else watch this great programme?

Some Sheldon quotes:

Sheldon: Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I'm stupid!
Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

Sheldon: I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Sheldon: I wouldn't tell you the secret. (pause) Shhhhh!!!! Leonard: What secret? Tell me the secret.
Sheldon: Mom smokes in the car. Jesus is okay with it, but we can't tell dad.
Leonard: Not that secret, the other secret. Sheldon: I'M BATMAN!!!! SHHHH!!!

Raj: I don't like bugs, okay? They freak me out.
Sheldon: Interesting. You're afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.

Sheldon: I made tea.
Leonard: I don't want tea.
Sheldon: I didn't make tea for you. This is my tea.
Leonard: Then why are you telling me?
Sheldon: It's a conversation starter.
Leonard: That's a lousy conversation starter.
Sheldon: Oh, is it? We're conversing. Checkmate.

Howard: Don't you think I should answer the engineering questions? I am an engineer.
Sheldon: By that logic I should answer all the anthropology questions because I'm a mammal.

Leonard: What were you doing at Penny's?
Sheldon: Well, we had dinner, played some games, and then I spent the night. Oh, and you'll be happy to know that I now have a much better understanding of 'friends with benefits.'

Penny: So what do you say Sheldon, are we your X-men?
Sheldon: No, the X-men were named for the X in Charles Xavier. Since I am Sheldon Cooper, you will be, my C-men.

Sheldon: Your check-engine light is on.
Penny: Mm-hm!
Sheldon: Typically, that's an indicator to, you know, check your engine.
Penny: It's fine, it's been on for, like, a month.
Sheldon: Well, actually, that would be all the more reason to, you know, check your engine.
Penny: Sheldon, it's fine.
Sheldon: If it were fine, the light wouldn't be on. That's why the manufacturer installed that light, to let you know it's not fine.
Penny: Maybe the light's broken.
Sheldon: Is there a check-the-check-engine-light light?

Sheldon: I can't seem to get in touch with Amy. I tried e-mail, video chat, tweeting her, posting on her Facebook wall,texting her, nothing.
Leonard: Did you try calling her on the telephone?
Sheldon: The telephone. You know, Leonard, in your own simple way, you may be the wisest of us all.

Penny: Mrs Cooper? Hey, it's Penny. I think I broke your son. Hold on. (To Sheldon) Talk to your mother.
Sheldon: (Crying) Mummy, I love you. Don't let Spock take me to the future!

Sheldon: At my age do you know how I'm statistically most likely to die?
Leonard: At the hands of your room mate?
Sheldon: An accident. Leonard: That's how I'm going to make it look.

Zack: You know, I saw this great thing on the Discovery Channel. Turns out if you kill a starfish it'll just come back to life.
Sheldon: Was the starfish wearing boxer shorts? Because you might have been watching Nickelodeon.

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Sheldon: Are you upset about something?
Leonard: What was your first clue?
Sheldon: Well there was a number of things. First the late hour, then you demeanors seems very low energy plus your irritability...
Leonard: Yes I'm upset!
Sheldon: Oh... I don't usually pick up on those things. Good for me.
Leonard: Yeah good for you.
Sheldon: (walks away and then turns back) Oh, wait. Did you want to talk about what's bothering you?
Leonard: I don't know... maybe.
Sheldon: Wow! I'm on fire tonight.

Sheldon: I am aware of the way humans usually reproduce which is messy, unsanitary and based on living next to you for three years, involves loud and unnecessary appeals to a deity.
Penny: Oh, God.
Sheldon: Yes, exactly.
Sat 12/01/13 at 12:18
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Amy: Jewellery?! Sheldon, you are the most shallow, self-centered person I have ever met! Do you really think another transparently manipulative- ohh, it's a tiara!

Amy: If you're keeping him, I've got a cage you can borrow. One of the test monkeys slipped on a banana peel and broke his neck. It was both tragic and hysterical.

Amy: I think a boy likes me!
Bernadette: Doesn't he know you have a boyfriend?
Penny: She doesn't have a boyfriend, she has a Sheldon.

Amy: I'm excited to work with my boyfriend. It's going to be romantic.
Sheldon: Way to kill the mood.

Amy: You are aware that your ritualistic knocking behavior is symptomatic of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?
Sheldon: Is not. Is not, is not.
Amy: Denial. Denial, denial.

Amy: A guest in my trundle bed and a boy at my door. I wish I can tell my thirteen year old self it does get better.

Amy: I'll let you in on a little secret. Originally, we were painted nude. But I had him add clothes cause I thought it was an unnecessary challenge to our heterosexuality.
Penny: Yeah, good call.
Amy: But, if you ever change your mind, all it would take is some warm, soapy water and a couple of sponges.
Penny: You're talking about the painting, right?
Amy: Sure.

Amy: We could go to the cadaver lab at UCLA and play real-life Operation.
Leonard: Uh-uh.
Sheldon: No.
Penny: I don't think so.
Amy: Are you sure? I mean, the nose doesn't light up, but if the corpse is fresh enough, sometimes you can get the leg to jerk.

Stuart: Can I help you find anything?
Amy: A comic that doesn't depict a woman whose bosom can be used as a flotation device.

Amy: Sheldon, sometimes you forget, I'm a lady. And, with that comes an estrogen- fueled need to page through thick glossy magazines that make me hate my body.

(Amy & Sheldon are awkwardly cuddling.)
Amy: I'm just saying, second base is right there.

Amy: I have a sorta kinda boyfriend at home playing with a model train, but you don't hear me bitching about it.

Amy: (Reading Sheldon's relationship agreement) Section 5, Hand Holding: Hand holding is only allowed under the following circumstances: A. ether party is in danger of falling of a, cliff, precipice or ledge; B. ether party is deserving of a hearty hand shake after winning a noble prize; C. moral support during flu shots.
Thu 10/01/13 at 22:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Smedders wrote:
RastaBillySkank wrote:

You've sort of missed the point there. I don't like a programme that makes fun of its characters while presenting itself as a champion of them. It's snide and nasty.

The point about jokes often (not always, obviously) not having a punchline and just relying on a pop-culture reference is a fair one too. Where's the humour in that?

And then Smedders wrote

Snide and nasty?

How can BBG be that! Where you talking from?

Now I will post .... what is BBG? ... quite simple when you're actually on this planet ;¬)
Thu 10/01/13 at 21:25
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
RastaBillySkank wrote:

You've sort of missed the point there. I don't like a programme that makes fun of its characters while presenting itself as a champion of them. It's snide and nasty.

The point about jokes often (not always, obviously) not having a punchline and just relying on a pop-culture reference is a fair one too. Where's the humour in that?[/i]

Snide and nasty?

How can BBG be that! Where you talking from?
Thu 10/01/13 at 21:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
chasfh wrote:
RastaBillySkank wrote:
[i] This blog quite neatly sums up my problem with TBBT

In simple terms...

you don't like a comedy program that makes fun of it's characters...

Can't wait for the emergence of "The Perfectly Normal Couple" or "Some Mothers Don't 'Ave Em"...

They should stop people laughing.[/i]

The point about jokes often (not always, obviously) not having a punchline and just relying on a pop-culture reference is a fair one too. Where's the humour in that?
Thu 10/01/13 at 19:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse wrote:
You guys should read The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. Basically sums up my thoughts on String Theory

Or "Audience Appreciation and Participation" by Dr. I.A.M Smirkin is another worthwhile opinion
Thu 10/01/13 at 19:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And from another world ... many 'studio audiences' laugh at what they are told to laugh at without having a clue to what they are laughing at
Thu 10/01/13 at 18:42
Regular
You guys should read The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. Basically sums up my thoughts on String Theory
Thu 10/01/13 at 17:31
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
RastaBillySkank wrote:
This blog quite neatly sums up my problem with TBBT

In simple terms...

you don't like a comedy program that makes fun of it's characters...

Can't wait for the emergence of "The Perfectly Normal Couple" or "Some Mothers Don't 'Ave Em"...

They should stop people laughing.
Thu 10/01/13 at 17:23
Regular
"Monochromatic"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
This blog quite neatly sums up my problem with TBBT

Overly-sensitive, elitist nonsense from someone who feels they're too geeky to be understood or included. I see this reaction all over the internet, the nerd army has turned against the show because it dares to actually make some social progression.
For all they've written, they've said essentially nothing at all. Half the criticism is based on the US audience reaction, the other half is misguided nonsense about relating to Penny and looking on the 4 male characters as lacking. Complete crap to be quite honest, the 4 main characters are written with such obvious affection and it's the "normals" who are looked down on.
Thu 10/01/13 at 17:01
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'll go for the "taken it the whole wrong way" option.

It's just a light hearted comedy, something to relax you after a hard day at work or whatever.

It's not meant exclusively for "geeks", sure Sheldon is someone you'd want to punch in the face as I'd like to do but jeez just see the funny side!

If you don't like it then jog on.......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.