GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Raging Rip Off?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 13:11
Regular
Remember when you walk into the shop or buy that game on SR with you spanking £30-40 from auntie ethel from the money left over from christmas? You have a plan when you walk into the shop and buy that game that you can only afford due to christmas money. So you go upto the counter and part with your cash.
Eagerly running home you whack the game into the colsole and load it up. Its a good game, but a week later you complete it."sigh" it has no mutipleyer and hardly any replay value, so you take it back to the shop where you brought it and part excnahge it for another.
You walk up the the counter, the box and CD still in prestine condition and the guy behind the counter says - yer ill give you a tenner for that.
A TENNER??!!! you only paid nearly £50 a week before. You explain but he says take it or leave it. The moral of this story? READ reviews and take SR word for it when they say its a good game. My main Q was whats the most youve paid for a game and then been offered back for it???
I paid £45 for goldeneye and 3 months later i was offered a £5 - and i got the N64 the day it came out and brought goldeneye sepertely.Frustrated? Yes i was and thats why i find demos so good.

Thanks for reasding my rant!

Regular :P
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:11
Regular
"Bah"
Remember when you walk into the shop or buy that game on SR with you spanking £30-40 from auntie ethel from the money left over from christmas? You have a plan when you walk into the shop and buy that game that you can only afford due to christmas money. So you go upto the counter and part with your cash.
Eagerly running home you whack the game into the colsole and load it up. Its a good game, but a week later you complete it."sigh" it has no mutipleyer and hardly any replay value, so you take it back to the shop where you brought it and part excnahge it for another.
You walk up the the counter, the box and CD still in prestine condition and the guy behind the counter says - yer ill give you a tenner for that.
A TENNER??!!! you only paid nearly £50 a week before. You explain but he says take it or leave it. The moral of this story? READ reviews and take SR word for it when they say its a good game. My main Q was whats the most youve paid for a game and then been offered back for it???
I paid £45 for goldeneye and 3 months later i was offered a £5 - and i got the N64 the day it came out and brought goldeneye sepertely.Frustrated? Yes i was and thats why i find demos so good.

Thanks for reasding my rant!

Regular :P
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:19
Regular
"Hmmm....."
well i dont take the games back to the shop i bought them from because i know that id only get £10 like you said for a £50 game and so i just sell them to my mates or i just dont buy games that i know only have a short replay value.
E.g i only buy games like GTA3
i rent games like Devil May Cry or just lend them off my mates and then i complete them and give them back.
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:21
Regular
"Bah"
yes i tend to rent games now that i have learnt my lesson, and have had a couple of bargins by buying Blokbusters exrental games - picked up turok 2 and mario kark a year ago for both of them £2!!!
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:23
"period drama"
Yeah.
I got Wip3out:special edition for £1.98 (ex-rental) at Blockbuster.
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:26
Regular
"Bah"
havent seen any PS2 games there yet thou :(
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:29
Regular
I havnt sold any games since the I sold my SNES about 5 years ago. After parting with my SNES I coudnt bear the thought of selling any other games as I would miss them so much. I bought a SNES again last year :)
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:35
Regular
I tried to do a part exchange on Sega Bass Fishing which came with my Dreamcast when I got it from SR.

However, they said they'd only give me £1 for it!!!

So I said "sod it" and walked out.

(note it wasn't SR I tried to trade it with)
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:38
Regular
"Bah"
£1!! i want to buy agent under fire but the auction sites want £30 for it and i wannaa get hold of it for nearer £15 but cant seem to find ne one to sell it to me :(
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:52
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Regular,
try ebay because i saw that game on yesterday for about £5 seriously
Sun 24/02/02 at 17:14
Regular
"Bah"
dont you have to pay to sign up?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.