GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Names and signs."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/12 at 16:21
"possibly impossible"
Just passed an estate on the bus where every other house was named rather than numbered.

Not sure how I feel about naming a house. On the one hand it just sounds pretentious, but on the other it seems to be another way to stamp your personality on your property.

Unless you call it Farthings, Cala D'or or one of the many overused names that show lack of imagination.

So, what do you think about house names? Has yours got one? If you had to name your house, what would it be called?
Mon 22/10/12 at 22:40
Regular
Common misconception. That's a council estate
Mon 22/10/12 at 22:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse wrote:
Okay I've read the thread now

>So, what do you think about house names?

I live in London. We don't have those

Oh yes you do ... what about 'Buckingham Palace' for starters ;¬)
Mon 22/10/12 at 21:49
Regular
Okay I've read the thread now

>So, what do you think about house names?

I live in London. We don't have those

>Has yours got one?

No

>If you had to name your house, what would it be called?

Peaches
Mon 22/10/12 at 21:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
I wanted to name our house Tupista Walk but the Mrs. vetoed it :(
Mon 22/10/12 at 19:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
The Nest
Mon 22/10/12 at 17:39
Regular
Alex and Taurus
Mon 22/10/12 at 17:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seems pretentious & pointless to me. Unless your home is a tourist destination, why bother.
Mon 22/10/12 at 16:21
"possibly impossible"
Just passed an estate on the bus where every other house was named rather than numbered.

Not sure how I feel about naming a house. On the one hand it just sounds pretentious, but on the other it seems to be another way to stamp your personality on your property.

Unless you call it Farthings, Cala D'or or one of the many overused names that show lack of imagination.

So, what do you think about house names? Has yours got one? If you had to name your house, what would it be called?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.