GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS IT TO LATE?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/12/02 at 19:04
Regular
IS IT TO LATE TO TO TEST DRIVE XBOX LIVE?
THANX
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
And a social life. ;-) That also seems to disappear once you get X-Box Live. Outside world ? What the hells that !?

;-)
Sat 07/12/02 at 22:26
Regular
Well cheers for that, im gonna have to wait for ages anyway til i move to somewhere which covers broadband.

Im well jealous of everyone whos got it now! :(

Well, atleast ive still got my youth...... lol
Sat 07/12/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
From March 14th it'll be available in shops, like SR :)

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 07/12/02 at 21:59
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
When Xbox live gets released in the spring will you be able to get in game and in shops like that or will you only be able to buy from the xbox website
Sat 07/12/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
up_in_$moke wrote:
> Well the fect that i havent got a BB connection yet means that i would
> be able to anyway, but if i were to have one. Would this be
> possible???
> Cos i could always get the subscription code and take it round my
> mates house who has broadband, is this right?

If you ordered it tonight then you could be online tonight, minus vocie communicator, and if you have Ghost Recon, Unreal or Mech Assault. I don't recommend taking your subscription code to your mate's house though, as you're giving his Xbox a free subscription....as far as I know you cannot transfer subscriptions between boxes, though I could be wrong on that. Anyone else know otherwise ? But...if you don't have broadband I can thouroughly recommend it - Xbox Live is great, far better than PC Gaming, you get your Test Drive kit in about 5 working days from MS, but expect this to go to hell over Christmas (they do use UPS though, whihc for £3 is damn good ! )

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 07/12/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, you were right according to this:

FCC definition of broadband:
Connections with speed exceeding 200 Kb/s in at least one direction

Under the official definition, we all have broadband connectivity courtesy of snail mail!
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Most places on the net refer to 128k as being broadband...

Anyway, a definition for broadband, which is no help what so ever!

A type of data transmission in which a single medium (wire) can carry several channels at once. Cable TV, for example, uses broadband transmission. In contrast, baseband transmission allows only one signal at a time.
Most communications between computers, including the majority of local-area networks, use baseband communications. An exception is B-ISDN networks, which employ broadband transmission.
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
http://www.iinet.net.au/products/broadband/home/index.html

Look at this!

In Australia, that's baaaaaad!
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
adrian wrote:
> up_in_$moke wrote:
> If they have them left in stock and i were to order one today,
> anyone
> know how long they take to deliver them. (for example to london
> area)
>
> Yes around 5 days excluding weekends. They are sent from Germany. They
> email your Subscription code to you, so if you either have Unreal,
> MechAssault or Ghost Recon you could be online TONIGHT.

So i could be playing with people around the world tonight, without the starter pack and the headset? Would that work??

Well the fect that i havent got a BB connection yet means that i would be able to anyway, but if i were to have one. Would this be possible???
Cos i could always get the subscription code and take it round my mates house who has broadband, is this right?

Cheers.
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
phi11ip wrote:
> Pretty sure that dial-up is narrowband and digital stuff is
> broadband...
>
> I'll have a look...

Maybe, but really my ADSL is dial up. I have to dial in to my ADSL ISP as I use a USB modem. So technically mine is dial up, but even if my machine is on and I havent connected to the internet my modem is connected. ADSL routers permantly connect to the internet and they make ADSL seem like Cable i.e. No dial ups.

Post back here with any info you find.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.