GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3????"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/02/02 at 20:15
Regular
Someone told me that they are making a Playstation 3 is this true.I hope not because everybody will buy it and I will still have the Playstation 2.
Sat 08/09/12 at 20:28
Regular
Sort out the bad shepherds in the church. Before anyone is allowed to lead a church, a criminal record check need to be done on them. Complaints from members about shepherds should never be ignored, but be investigated.

The leaders (HOD and Pastor) of the church should be empowered to take action against any parish shepherd, and possibly close the parish down, if the complain is so damning or horrible that it tarnished the name of the church. You have such shepherds around and they need to be shown the door.

The church need one pastor as during the days of papa Oschoffa. The church should be safeguarded against any division by various individual wishing to lead the church. Discipline should be maintain to ensure things are done with orderliness.

Evangelism should be a must by all shepherds! Any shepherds so shy to do outdoor preaching or open air preaching, should admit that such shepherd is not called, but should go and seek a day job elsewhere.
Sat 08/09/12 at 02:15
Regular
Celestial church of christ is 65 years old. what have we achieved after the demise of the pastor founder? Is God happy with us? what are our mistakes?
Sat 23/02/02 at 11:09
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
MS are making the next Xbox...

I've found out some info on th next Xbox in the topic about the Xbox 2 - 2 websites i found (PC Format & a random site)

Have a look if you like :)
Fri 22/02/02 at 23:07
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
lol FM... I was writing my topic (now on the forums) while you posted this!

Oh well, take a look anyway. It's got almost everything you've said plus a lot about why Sony would announce these details, why they want to develop the console so soon etc.

Sonic
Fri 22/02/02 at 23:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
I'll post another topic on it in 2 mins in the Sony room (ie this one).

Here's one I did earlier:

When developing the PS2, SCE surveyed developers and were told that 18,000 times the power of the PlayStation would be required to generate game images in realtime. Sony suggest that the PS2 is about 300 times the power of the PlayStation. "We understand the requirement is half met. We would like to realize the goal in the development of our next version, the PlayStation3."

10/11/1999: Shinichi Okamoto, Senior Vice President (research and development) of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc says "We are working to create the PlayStation3 game machine so it will have 1000 times the performance of the PlayStation2."

November 1999 edition Scientific American: Ken Kutaragi, CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, said he "already has specific plans for developing advanced graphics chips for the next PlayStation console. The PlayStation and computer entertainment division will serve as the drivers for the entire parent company. With the PlayStation3, Sony hopes to merge content from its other divisions, such as Sony pictures and Sony music, by establishing a direct chain of distribution and by having the PlayStation 3 serve as the platform hub. Additionally, Sony's plans for the PS3 include online shopping functions, online banking, and other interactive Internet services."

22/05/2000 Sony secure the Japanese trademark 'PS3' for the PlayStation3.
Sony register PS3.com.
Sony register PS3.net in Japan.

29/07/2000 A professor in Japan who spoke to a Sony employee connected with the development of the PS3 told a Japanese magazine: "It seems like year 2005 is the estimated time the PS3 will be released in Japan. The plans are to release two versions of the console. One is the fully featured system with all of the capabilities. The other version is going to be a stripped down machine that will basically act only as a console system. Think of the second version as PS3: Value, because that is the idea behind it, to satisfy the people who can't shell out over $400 for the system and a game. The PS3 development team is reportedly looking forward to using a built in TV tuner of some sort to allow the future system to record TV shows on hard disk."

13/03/2001 Sony, IBM and Toshiba announce a joint project at a minimum cost of $400 million to develop a new microchip. Toshiba originally built the Emotion Engine chip for the PS2. A joint statement said: "The three companies aim to design a super-computer on a chip with a wide variety of consumer applications. The result will be consumer devices that are more powerful than IBM's Deep Blue super-computer, operate at low power and access the broadband internet at ultra-high speeds" The codename for the new processor is 'The Cell'. Research and development on The Cell is scheduled to be complete and ready for mass production no sooner than 2005.

Put all this information together and what have we got: A PS3 that allows you broadband internet access, recording of television programmes, online banking...I hope it plays games too.

:)
Fri 22/02/02 at 22:53
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Apollo wrote:
> Someone told me that they are making a Playstation 3 is this true.I hope not
> because everybody will buy it and I will still have the Playstation 2.

yes, they are developing the PS3 now... Ninty are making the GC sucessor and MS are making the next Xbox... all true. I'll post another topic on it in 2 mins in the Sony room (ie this one)

sonic
Fri 22/02/02 at 21:36
Will the PS3 be 256 bit twice the power of the PS2 because the PS2 is twice the power of the Playstation.
Fri 22/02/02 at 21:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think the earliest that we'll see a PS3 in the UK is around November 2006.

The reason being is that 'The Cell' chip, which is currently being developed by IBM, Toshiba and Sony in a joint venture, won't be ready until then. I personally believe that once The Cell is ready for mass production (late 2005/early 2006 is a good estimate according to most people), then we'll see and hear more about the PS3.

BTW, yesterday, whilst chatting to a Technical Support guy for XBox, he mentioned the XBox2. So there's probably going to be one of them floating about around 2006 as well.
Fri 22/02/02 at 21:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Its not going to be out much longer than 5 years as new technology will be out by then. Also they will have made most of the money they could have with it by then and will release the PS3 (if thats its name) to keep up with the market and demand.
Fri 22/02/02 at 20:53
Pro Evo wrote:
> I seriously doubt it will be out in 2004, thats too close to the launch of the
> PS2, as i said, most machines have a life of 5-6 years.

But I think that the PS2 will last about 7 years because of it's great graphics and they won't want it to last about 4 years because they want to make a load of money out of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.