GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advise me!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/09/00 at 23:38
Regular
What shall I claim as a Gameaday winner? (at last my genius has been acknowledged). I'm have a relatively low spec PC, only 24MB RAM, so any recent games are out until I save enough money to update it. I do however have access to an N64, and can borrow it off my brother anytime. My wife is a bit of a Pokemon fan, so she would like me to get Pokemon Stadium.
Any advise?
Sat 30/09/00 at 13:58
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
have you got a good sound card? I have a laptop specially designed for playing/editing music and it has a really expensive sound card on it with a 10 speaker surround sound system, it sounds better than any stereo I have heard so far, it's worth investing in some good speakers and maybe a sub box, if you have two, put them on the ceiling because it reduces high freq levels though your PC and it messes the PC up, don't ask me why.
Sat 30/09/00 at 13:47
Regular
"not dead"
I haven't been disapointed with a Zelda game yet, so thought that it was a good idea. Ocarina of Time was fantastic, my brother got it for Xmas, and we were playing it for weeks.
On the PC front it already has a 48x CD-ROM, and runs at 366Mhz, it just came with a s****y amount of RAM. That's what you get for buying cheap!
Sat 30/09/00 at 13:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Good, two birds with one stone, I would definatly sujest you buy Perfect dark anyway, or suggest it to your brother in a conversation, but convince him to get it so you don't have to pay a penny, if you get it through SR you save loads of money.
Zelda:majorca's mask is an excellent choice, thats what I chose, the last Zelda was a great success, al Zelda games are great and i own all of them!
If your upgrading your PC to 32mb ram, then get a higher speed CD player, 24x is was i have and it's great, also get a high pentium 300+ make it so fast it's bad for your head but you get used to it, I tried a 1000 pentium and it switched pages before I clicked the mouse button!!
Don't just upgrade one thing, maybe you should get Pokemon Snap for your wife, and let her buy you a brand new high spec PC for christmas.
Sat 30/09/00 at 13:22
Regular
"not dead"
I'm gonna go for Zelda:Majoras Mask. I'll be done with it by Xmas, then pass it on to my bro as a present!
Tue 26/09/00 at 10:41
Zelda:Majoras Mask is definately one to watch. I found Perfect Dark really disappointing, multiplayers good, one player is pretty dull and repetitive after a time. Banjo Tooie, the sequel to Banjo Kazooie and Conkers Bad Fur Day are the N64 games you should watch for and possibly get if you want.
Mon 25/09/00 at 20:45
Regular
Get Jet Force Gemini, its really good. The music and graphics are amazing, and the gameplay.
Mon 25/09/00 at 20:41
Regular
I like platformers like Banjo Kazooie, Sports games, racing games with handbrake skidding and fast, and shoot em' ups.
Mon 25/09/00 at 19:19
Trust me, if you haven't got Perfect Dark, you need it. Definitely do not get Pokemon Stadium - its dreadful. If you like racing games, I would say that Ridge Racer 64 is your best bet. As for PC games - unless you are serious about upgrading, I would not recommend it, because PC technology is moving faster than you can imagine, so any game which runs on 24MB of RAM will be laughable in a few months. Sorry to put it like that, but a console game will last longer, cause less problems, and will still be Nintendo's finest until the GC comes out.
Mon 25/09/00 at 19:10
Regular
Do you like platformers? Say which type of game you would like, and I'll say the best one in that catagory.
Mon 25/09/00 at 18:58
Regular
I need more advice, I still can't decide.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.