GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite things from your childhood"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/08/12 at 21:43
"possibly impossible"
More of a general reminiscing topic than something more structured.

What do you remember fondly about your childhood? What do you miss that might not be around any more? Maybe there's something you don't miss and you're glad that you don't have to have or do any more?

For me, as with many people, I think I end up looking at the past through rose tinted specs. I always think that the cartoons we had in our day were better than most of the stuff on TV, for instance.

I miss gentle stuff like Bagpuss , weird, way out programmes like the Singing Ringing Tree and stuff that wasn't afraid to scare kids like early Dramarama and even the kids educational TV like The Boy From Space (first shown in Black and White then remade in colour in the 80s)

I remember having 10p and being able to get 20 half penny sweets, with some amazing stuff to choose from, including cubes of sherbet with dice designs on.

Riding in the boot of a car with no seatbelts and no safety concerns. It meant having a party of 10 children to take to the park was easy if you had a hatchback,

Some great beer and cigarette commercials too. They always seemed to have the best PR people with interesting ideas for adverts.

Free stuff inside cereal packets. You don't see that these days, probably health and safety with choking. But we used to get cards for films, I still have some Star Trek ones from the first film, as well as tons of PG Tips cards full of interesting facts (the underwater and mystery ones were the best).

So what makes you long for the old days?
Mon 27/08/12 at 10:50
"possibly impossible"
Another one; being able to cycle up and down the road and ride a go-kart down the main road without too many cars around.

Also, real snow that we could use a sledge on, I miss that. Even last year and the year before we didn't have enough.
Fri 24/08/12 at 20:17
"possibly impossible"
If we're taking this down a gaming route, then the first time I saw Combat on the Atari 2600 and played it with a friend was amazing. I'll never get that back after seeing what all these past generations have brought to the table, but it was that first home gaming experience that I remember best.
Fri 24/08/12 at 19:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
Clicky clicky

That site really looks like it's for the diehard CTR fans. Looks like they've been playing it everyday since it came out!
Fri 24/08/12 at 16:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, Papu's Pyramid was pretty good for shortcuts. That one that cuts the last long corner out was pretty tricky to do consistently.

The site claims that they want proof but I doubt they even check now. It was that site that led me to a Youtube video of Hot Air Skyway which was basically some guy cheating so I guess they see that as acceptable.
Fri 24/08/12 at 15:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Those are some crazy times. Look at the record for Papu's Pyramid!

There were a lot of shortcuts on that track though mind.

But no, it wasn't that site.

EDIT: I like how none of the site records appear to have been proven.
Fri 24/08/12 at 15:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Just going back to the CTR subject, I did find a records site. It probably isn't the one you went on Warhunt but it seems to be still active.

Click Here
Fri 24/08/12 at 14:11
Regular
That feeling when you will never again sit around playing Smash Brothers with your bros while someone's mother makes sandwiches and drink, then play basketball in the late afternoon

Show Spoiler
Thu 23/08/12 at 22:12
"possibly impossible"
I wouldn't say that was something I particularly minded losing...

I guess a sense of wonder at everything is another thing I'd love to have back.
Thu 23/08/12 at 18:45
Regular
keebster wrote:
and my virginity.@:)

Lol
Thu 23/08/12 at 12:57
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Myself, my wife and the man at the pearly gates.

Skipping the cut scenes isn't exactly necessary, but it helps... ALOT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.