GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamescom 2012 Coverage"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/08/12 at 10:19
"possibly impossible"
Germany's Gamescom isn't quite as big an event as E3, but it always manages to feature some exciting news from developers.

This year only Sony represents the 3 big console companies with their keynote happening later. EA and Capcom have some big news items promised too.

I'll update this thread with news from each event after they happen.

Tuesday
10am Capcom
Capcom start with Devil May Cry, the reboot of the franchise that takes familiar characters like Dante and Virgil and starts from scratch with the story.

The new version begins before Dante becomes a demon hunter. The footage shows Dante meeting Virgil (his brother) and being convinced to join the fight. Fighting a demon Media Empire (now who could that be based on?) Dante gets painted as a terrorist by the reporter covering the story. The game launches on 13th January on Xbox 360 and PS3 (PC later).

Lost Planet 3 next, this will be a prequel to the series, about a colonist called Jim. It will have a cover system and a 'struggle' mechanic (basically pressing buttons fast and moving the joystick).

Resident Evil is getting Residentevil.net, a place to compile and compare stats, as well as connecting to other players socially. Think Bungienet or COD Elite.

Lastly, Remember Me? A new IP from Capcom that looks very promising from the trailers. It's about a girl who is having her memories removed in a world where agents control memory and all memories are available on a network. It takes classic ideas from classic Sci-fi, most recently used by TV and movies in films like Inception and Total Recall and TV series like Dollhouse.

3pm EA
Battlefield 3 new maps have been previewed, with the biggest map ever to grace a Battlefield game coming soon and a cool looking tank based mode.

Battlefield Premium bundle will arrive in stores for a discounted price, first on PS3, which is great considering lots of people will have already picked up Battlefield 3 in this weeks sale and therefore won't be needing it.

Army of Two 3 had a lot of people wondering why we need a third game in the critically panned series. Doesn't look as if it offers anything new either.

FIFA 13 has some interesting new modes and Move support on PS3 (why?), but otherwise isn't that much of an upgrade over 12.

Crysis 3 looked nice, but I'm wondering if it's too soon after Crysis 2 and perhaps should have been left for the next generation.

Need For Speed was the standout game for me from EA's conference, looking like Burnout Paradise mixed with the visuals of the NFS series, it's looking like an excellent open map racer. Criterion rarely fail in providing decent entertainment.

6pm Sony

Sony really needed to sell the Vita to more people and they managed that in their first 30 minutes. LBP Vita looks great, PS1 support finally arriving on August 28th, new firmware update bringing cross platform support, Tear Away from Mm looks lovely, Black Ops Declassified, Killzone and a bunch of other games.

All Stars Battle Royale is looking less like a Smash Bros clone and more like its own title now, with no ring outs and well designed levels. Rumours of Crash Bandicoot appearing in the game are still unfounded as yet though.

Playstation Plus gets Red Dead Redemption for free and the new Sega game Hell Yeah! when it arrives. It's also going to start doing Vita games and you'll be able to use Plus on Vita too, with a 25% discount for new users to join up.

Until Dawn , Rain and Puppeteer were the big PS3 surprises, the last two of which look great and very different from each other, Until Dawn is still an unknown,

Lastly, The Last Of Us got a new trailer which looks as if it has the other trailers and footage all mashed together into one.
Wed 15/08/12 at 08:50
"possibly impossible"
Updated with EA and Sony conferences.

I really liked the Sony conference, right up until Wonderbook got another airing.
Tue 14/08/12 at 17:38
Regular
pb wrote:

Lastly, Remember Me? A new IP from Capcom that looks very promising from the trailers. It's about a girl who is having her memories removed in a world where agents control memory and all memories are available on a network.

Poor Forlan. They said he could be a threat so he might not have done anything to deserve that :(

Or maybe someone hacked her mind to make her feel guilty for hacking into another mind. I'm sure it'll turn out as complex as Inception. It's a dream inside a dream inside a dream, no? >.<
Tue 14/08/12 at 17:10
Regular
"And in last place.."
HighflyerVII wrote:
Rumours have it that Sony will be concentrating a lot more on the Vita at Gamescom compared to what they did at E3...here's hoping.

Shouldn't take much effort to achieve that!
Tue 14/08/12 at 12:09
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Rumours have it that Sony will be concentrating a lot more on the Vita at Gamescom compared to what they did at E3...here's hoping.
Tue 14/08/12 at 10:19
"possibly impossible"
Germany's Gamescom isn't quite as big an event as E3, but it always manages to feature some exciting news from developers.

This year only Sony represents the 3 big console companies with their keynote happening later. EA and Capcom have some big news items promised too.

I'll update this thread with news from each event after they happen.

Tuesday
10am Capcom
Capcom start with Devil May Cry, the reboot of the franchise that takes familiar characters like Dante and Virgil and starts from scratch with the story.

The new version begins before Dante becomes a demon hunter. The footage shows Dante meeting Virgil (his brother) and being convinced to join the fight. Fighting a demon Media Empire (now who could that be based on?) Dante gets painted as a terrorist by the reporter covering the story. The game launches on 13th January on Xbox 360 and PS3 (PC later).

Lost Planet 3 next, this will be a prequel to the series, about a colonist called Jim. It will have a cover system and a 'struggle' mechanic (basically pressing buttons fast and moving the joystick).

Resident Evil is getting Residentevil.net, a place to compile and compare stats, as well as connecting to other players socially. Think Bungienet or COD Elite.

Lastly, Remember Me? A new IP from Capcom that looks very promising from the trailers. It's about a girl who is having her memories removed in a world where agents control memory and all memories are available on a network. It takes classic ideas from classic Sci-fi, most recently used by TV and movies in films like Inception and Total Recall and TV series like Dollhouse.

3pm EA
Battlefield 3 new maps have been previewed, with the biggest map ever to grace a Battlefield game coming soon and a cool looking tank based mode.

Battlefield Premium bundle will arrive in stores for a discounted price, first on PS3, which is great considering lots of people will have already picked up Battlefield 3 in this weeks sale and therefore won't be needing it.

Army of Two 3 had a lot of people wondering why we need a third game in the critically panned series. Doesn't look as if it offers anything new either.

FIFA 13 has some interesting new modes and Move support on PS3 (why?), but otherwise isn't that much of an upgrade over 12.

Crysis 3 looked nice, but I'm wondering if it's too soon after Crysis 2 and perhaps should have been left for the next generation.

Need For Speed was the standout game for me from EA's conference, looking like Burnout Paradise mixed with the visuals of the NFS series, it's looking like an excellent open map racer. Criterion rarely fail in providing decent entertainment.

6pm Sony

Sony really needed to sell the Vita to more people and they managed that in their first 30 minutes. LBP Vita looks great, PS1 support finally arriving on August 28th, new firmware update bringing cross platform support, Tear Away from Mm looks lovely, Black Ops Declassified, Killzone and a bunch of other games.

All Stars Battle Royale is looking less like a Smash Bros clone and more like its own title now, with no ring outs and well designed levels. Rumours of Crash Bandicoot appearing in the game are still unfounded as yet though.

Playstation Plus gets Red Dead Redemption for free and the new Sega game Hell Yeah! when it arrives. It's also going to start doing Vita games and you'll be able to use Plus on Vita too, with a 25% discount for new users to join up.

Until Dawn , Rain and Puppeteer were the big PS3 surprises, the last two of which look great and very different from each other, Until Dawn is still an unknown,

Lastly, The Last Of Us got a new trailer which looks as if it has the other trailers and footage all mashed together into one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.