GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Trekkies!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 15:02
Regular
Just wondering if anyone had heard much about Star trek: Bridge Commander? Ive been hearing whispers about commanding your own ship and crew etc. Sounds brilliant!
Anyone know the UK release date or have any more info on the game?

Mike
Tue 05/03/02 at 16:08
Thanks guys,

Found out the games out this Friday (8th March) and ive pre-ordered it, looks pretty sweet.
The fire power is sposed to be amazing, so i'm really looking forward to playing this one.

Mike
Sat 02/03/02 at 18:41
I wouldn't be surprised, considering he posted it 9 days ago! :0)
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:22
Regular
It's already out isn't it?
Thu 21/02/02 at 20:48
it looks great the and sound great but plays sadly simular to preveous Trek games sorry.
Thu 21/02/02 at 17:28
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
mikeharding wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone had heard much about Star trek: Bridge Commander? Ive
> been hearing whispers about commanding your own ship and crew etc. Sounds
> brilliant!
Anyone know the UK release date or have any more info on the
> game?

> Mike

Played the demo...
The game looks very polished, the bridge is quite well done.
However I'm very dubious about the game itself, seems to be a prettier version of Starfleet Academy, same sort of controls available except you don't have direct control over combat you have a very simplistic Starfleet Command type thing.
At least that was my impression from the 1 mission the demo shows and from the skirmish mode. Might be hidden depths to the game that the demo doesn't show though. :)

In 2 minds as to whether to buy it, looks good, creates the trek atmosphere quite well, and even played pretty good but it doesn't seem to be anything new for a trek game, it feels like just a polished of the older games.

-G
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Go to Gamespot.com, I think they have a playable demo you can download.
Thu 21/02/02 at 15:57
Regular
"That's right!"
Do a search on it and it'll bring up any info any websites have on it
Thu 21/02/02 at 15:02
Just wondering if anyone had heard much about Star trek: Bridge Commander? Ive been hearing whispers about commanding your own ship and crew etc. Sounds brilliant!
Anyone know the UK release date or have any more info on the game?

Mike

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.