GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My First Full Experience Of X-Box Live"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Moto GP'.
Tue 10/12/02 at 00:38
Regular
Well tonight has been one of the biggest laughs I've had in ages and its all due to a headset !

I've been playing X-Box Live for like a week now, but until tonight, I had to go through it without being able to experience everything 100%

I put on my headset and decided to start off with a little Moto GP. I had a couple of races while listening to people slate eachother, occasionally adding a little comment or 2 myself. It was fun, but this wasn't even a touch of what was to follow.
I decided to change over to Mech Assault after receiving an invite from a certain Mossmanfly. ;-)

Unfortunatly I was too late to join in so I decided to look at other games going on. I entered the room, threw caution and shyness to the wind and just acted as I always do around my friends.
Almost straight away a Canadian guy started talking to me and so did everyone else in the room.
We started the match and everyone was just having a great time playing the game while sharing banter and generally having a bloody funny convo as we played.
Suddenly knowone was really feeling like they HAD to win at all costs - we were all just having a great laugh, no geeky need for online domination at all.

Eventually I finally managed to get into a match with Adrian and with the help of the buddy list, my newly made Canadian friend was also tagging along. We had some awesome games going on - remember the elementals vs ragnarok game Adrian ? ;-))
It was just a superb experience and I was loving every minute of it ! After the last team game I did, I just sat back chatting with the Canadian guy for like 40 minutes or so with the end game screen in the background. Basically told him about my gf and stuff in general and then we ended up chatting about games and stuff. A long distance call for free. :-)

This all came from just being me and not holding back all worried if people will like me or not. With moments like this, I really can't imagine playing online without the headset now. Even the players that entered the games I was in with the sole purpose of just being the best ended up just kicking back and having a laugh. :-)
I was just having a laugh with my Canadian mate and Adrian and then from there, you had other people finding our comments funny and bringing themselves into the conversation and it was excellent. :-)

Like when the group of us finally took down this guy controlling a Ragnarok mech, I just started cheering and so did everyone else and it was funny to watch us all swarm this bloke trying to take him down. ;-))
The headset is the heartbeat of X-Box Live - its the part of it that shows you that not every online gamer is some spotty fat retard thats never seen a girls boobs without the aid of a Barbie doll.
I had a right bloody good laugh tonight and it was hard to pull myself away to goto bed for work tomorrow. I'll certainly be back on tomorrow and I'll be acting just as open then as I did tonight.
All it takes is for 1 or 2 people to think "sod it" and just have a laugh and its practically guaranteed that the rest will follow. :-)

Hope to see you all online soon. :-)
Tue 10/12/02 at 00:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well tonight has been one of the biggest laughs I've had in ages and its all due to a headset !

I've been playing X-Box Live for like a week now, but until tonight, I had to go through it without being able to experience everything 100%

I put on my headset and decided to start off with a little Moto GP. I had a couple of races while listening to people slate eachother, occasionally adding a little comment or 2 myself. It was fun, but this wasn't even a touch of what was to follow.
I decided to change over to Mech Assault after receiving an invite from a certain Mossmanfly. ;-)

Unfortunatly I was too late to join in so I decided to look at other games going on. I entered the room, threw caution and shyness to the wind and just acted as I always do around my friends.
Almost straight away a Canadian guy started talking to me and so did everyone else in the room.
We started the match and everyone was just having a great time playing the game while sharing banter and generally having a bloody funny convo as we played.
Suddenly knowone was really feeling like they HAD to win at all costs - we were all just having a great laugh, no geeky need for online domination at all.

Eventually I finally managed to get into a match with Adrian and with the help of the buddy list, my newly made Canadian friend was also tagging along. We had some awesome games going on - remember the elementals vs ragnarok game Adrian ? ;-))
It was just a superb experience and I was loving every minute of it ! After the last team game I did, I just sat back chatting with the Canadian guy for like 40 minutes or so with the end game screen in the background. Basically told him about my gf and stuff in general and then we ended up chatting about games and stuff. A long distance call for free. :-)

This all came from just being me and not holding back all worried if people will like me or not. With moments like this, I really can't imagine playing online without the headset now. Even the players that entered the games I was in with the sole purpose of just being the best ended up just kicking back and having a laugh. :-)
I was just having a laugh with my Canadian mate and Adrian and then from there, you had other people finding our comments funny and bringing themselves into the conversation and it was excellent. :-)

Like when the group of us finally took down this guy controlling a Ragnarok mech, I just started cheering and so did everyone else and it was funny to watch us all swarm this bloke trying to take him down. ;-))
The headset is the heartbeat of X-Box Live - its the part of it that shows you that not every online gamer is some spotty fat retard thats never seen a girls boobs without the aid of a Barbie doll.
I had a right bloody good laugh tonight and it was hard to pull myself away to goto bed for work tomorrow. I'll certainly be back on tomorrow and I'll be acting just as open then as I did tonight.
All it takes is for 1 or 2 people to think "sod it" and just have a laugh and its practically guaranteed that the rest will follow. :-)

Hope to see you all online soon. :-)
Tue 10/12/02 at 09:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
It was a fun game :) Will have to organise more like that. I would have talked more but I was upstairs in my room and my parents were asleep. Actually with all the talking from everyone else I dont think I would have got a word in.

I tried joining you at MotoGP but for some reason it wouldnt let me log on to Live. Its said I needed to update XBox Live, and when it went to do it, it said XBox Live wasnt responding. The thing is I have updated it, back when the service became none Beta(15th November). All other games worked even Whacked. I deleted the MotoGP online file and that did nothing. Going to try again later to see if I can get it working, if not then its a phone call to Bill.

Anyways I should be online on either MechAssault or Unreal so i'll be up for a game on any of those 2, and maybe MotoGP if I can get that working.
Tue 10/12/02 at 11:01
Regular
"Tag as above"
I played Moto GP online last night, I thought it was great, every one was having a laugh. The good thing about Moto GP is that you can still enjoy it even if your last (not that I was, came 3rd once:D).
Tue 10/12/02 at 14:30
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I will have a game with you lot tonight from 9pm onwards ok???
Tue 10/12/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I'll be online with Mech Assault from about 9pm ish as well, still haven't played Unreal much, and I really like Mech Assault anyway. Tried Ghost Recon but got totally slaughtered, these two guys were up against six of us and our whole team didn't know the meaning of the word co-operation.... "yeah lets run at them one at a time and get slaughtered...." Gah :(

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:39
*checks diary and books a stay at savs till my x box live arrives with errrrr my x box at xmas.*
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Silent85 wrote:
> I will have a game with you lot tonight from 9pm onwards ok???

Either Unreal or MechAssault. MotoGP doesnt work for me at the moment. May try again later, MS havent got back to me yet. Its weird that I can log on to XBox Live via MotoGP yet I can with all the others. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Also what files have you got for XBox Live? I have a 3 block online application updater and my gamertag file. Is this what everyone else has?

Maybe Silent, Sav and others could email me([email protected]) tonight before 8pm to see what games to play? And then I could set up a server with a few privates so I can invite you in. What about some CTF on Unreal 8 players?

I'll add you tom my friends list tonight fat butcher. I already have Silent, Sav and Belldandy on my list.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think we should get on Mech Assault tonight. ;-) Get 4 of us together as a team. ;-)
My girlfriend will be online to chat to me but she'll probably sign off by around 9:30pm - probably a little earlier.

As for Unreal, I might give that a go tonight, see how things go. :-)
Be good if we can get together on Mech Assault as a 4 player team tonight. :-)
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:36
Regular
This Xbox live malarky is making me salivate, After browing the Xbox live website I found something about NTL.

So I filled in the NTL questionnarre and looked on the NTL website for abit. Soon enough I found out that I can upgrade my 128K service to 600K instantly over the internet.

Now just gotta tell the parents....
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Excellent stuff - remember, when begging, try acting really pathetic and stuff. ;-))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.