GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"just a few observations"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/02 at 13:03
Regular
1) i have noticed that xbox games are £45 thats not competetive in todays gaming climate

2) whilst in my local town buying a new game ,there were several retailers (dixons and HMV) who had xbox demo cabinets. i asked if i could have a go but they look switched off. both stores replied "they stopped working the day we got them. it does not fill me with confidence
Thu 21/02/02 at 22:32
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
adrian wrote:
There not I could reach all 6 top buttons the 2 triggers and the left analogue stick easy just like the PS2 pad.

-------

I also found the Xbox controller very comfortable and easy to use. I wasn't going to buy one, but the demo pods changed my mind. I will buy one as soon as they are about £200 (maybe in a years time) as after buying the PS2 for £300, I don't really want to fork out that much again.

I'm a cheap little ba****d you see?
Thu 21/02/02 at 15:46
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
humpo wrote:
> the buttons look and feel like muti coloured cod liver oil capsules

And you know this how....? Who actually feels cod liver oil capsules ? ! Cerainly its one of the more bizarre criticisms I've heard, by March 14th we'll be on "the green X is a rip off of the X files logo" - or something equally desperate ! :)
Thu 21/02/02 at 10:45
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
the buttons look and feel like muti coloured cod liver oil capsules
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Belldandy wrote:
> savatt1668 wrote:
By the way Belldandy, did you
> pick your forum name
> after a certain female anime character in a series called
> Ah! My Goddess ?
> (well, Oh ! My Goddess, over here).

:) ! Congratulations, I think you're the
> first to realise...

Cool ! :-))) Shame that wasn't a gameaday competition. ;-)) Anyway, I used to like that series, drew a few pics of Belldandy. I used to draw anime characters alot. Used to love making up my own. :-)
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Belldandy wrote:
> adrian wrote:
the
> only people who would find it hard would be 5 year old
> kids but most teenagers
> and above would be able to use the controller with
> ease.

Ah so thats why the Gamecube controller is so small ! :)

Maybe.
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:23
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
adrian wrote:
the
> only people who would find it hard would be 5 year old kids but most teenagers
> and above would be able to use the controller with ease.

Ah so thats why the Gamecube controller is so small ! :)
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Golden Nomad wrote:
> Controller seems fine to me. People will get used to it after a while.

When I
> first saw one, I could not understand what everybody was complaining about. I
> was expecting something really big.

Have you held one? I have, at first it seemed very big. But after only a few mintues, you dont know its there. Also people have said that the buttons are hard to reach. There not I could reach all 6 top buttons the 2 triggers and the left analogue stick easy just like the PS2 pad. I dont have large hands, the only people who would find it hard would be 5 year old kids but most teenagers and above would be able to use the controller with ease.
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:51
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
savatt1668 wrote:
By the way Belldandy, did you
> pick your forum name after a certain female anime character in a series called
> Ah! My Goddess ? (well, Oh ! My Goddess, over here).

:) ! Congratulations, I think you're the first to realise...
Wed 20/02/02 at 10:05
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
So was I. The Dreamcast pad is actually bigger than the MS one if you ask me and I have no problems with that.
Wed 20/02/02 at 08:34
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
Controller seems fine to me. People will get used to it after a while.

When I first saw one, I could not understand what everybody was complaining about. I was expecting something really big.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.