GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Age"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/12 at 14:21
"possibly impossible"
What is 'old'?
What does age mean to you?
Is it the thing that decides what we can and can't do or is it an artificial barrier we put up ourselves?

Obviously, physical ageing will allow us to do things we couldn't before and then limit our bodies as we grow older. But do we naturally grow old mentally or are there external factors that have to be in place?

People say 'act your age' or 'older and wiser' but neither of these are necessarily true.

Also, is 'middle aged' just an arbitrary label or is it based on anything material?

Food for thought.
Mon 09/07/12 at 14:21
"possibly impossible"
What is 'old'?
What does age mean to you?
Is it the thing that decides what we can and can't do or is it an artificial barrier we put up ourselves?

Obviously, physical ageing will allow us to do things we couldn't before and then limit our bodies as we grow older. But do we naturally grow old mentally or are there external factors that have to be in place?

People say 'act your age' or 'older and wiser' but neither of these are necessarily true.

Also, is 'middle aged' just an arbitrary label or is it based on anything material?

Food for thought.
Mon 09/07/12 at 15:08
Regular
"How Ironic"
Age is just a number. That is all :-) I'm still 7 years old at heart.
Mon 09/07/12 at 15:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
Age is just a number.

It may just be a number but it becomes a very important number when you are applying for jobs ... even though it's not a legal requirement to initially declare it in such circumstances.
Mon 09/07/12 at 16:04
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well what age is to me and what it is to society are two completely different things.
Mon 09/07/12 at 16:39
Regular
Age seems meaningless in its most basic form as a number on a spreadsheet or document. It becomes important relative to the lifestyle and personal experiences of the person it has been attached to.
Mon 09/07/12 at 17:57
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Age is as relevant as you wish it to be.

For example, I reached an age at which I no longer felt comfortable having hair down to my belt, earrings in both ears and wearing skin tight jeans. (many would say that's a good thing!)

I also hope to reach the age at which it's acceptable for me to drive everywhere at 40 MPH regardless of the speed limit, which will doubtless be the same point at which I can get on a bus to town wearing my slippers.

On the other hand, much of my life is unchanged, regardless of age, and will most likely remain so.
Mon 09/07/12 at 22:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
chasfh wrote:
I also hope to reach the age at which it's acceptable for me to drive everywhere at 40 MPH regardless of the speed limit, which will doubtless be the same point at which I can get on a bus to town wearing my slippers.

And here's me thinking that we were 'kindred spirits' ;¬) I drive at whatever speed I think fits the situation, in my slippers aswell, but the hair has left of it's own accord and the bus pass has been promised shortly :¬)
Tue 10/07/12 at 10:50
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]I also hope to reach the age at which it's acceptable for me to drive everywhere at 40 MPH regardless of the speed limit, which will doubtless be the same point at which I can get on a bus to town wearing my slippers.

And here's me thinking that we were 'kindred spirits' ;¬) I drive at whatever speed I think fits the situation, in my slippers aswell, but the hair has left of it's own accord and the bus pass has been promised shortly :¬)[/i]

I'm sure my Missus has got the slippers ready..

Haven't as yet acquired much of a taste for gardening though.
Tue 10/07/12 at 11:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
chasfh wrote:
Haven't as yet acquired much of a taste for gardening though.

Don't fret chas ... it comes with age haha :¬D At least it's an escape route, especially the 'shed'! ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.