GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CERN project yields possilble Higgs Boson results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/07/12 at 10:44
"possibly impossible"
An exciting day for science, then, as scientists at CERN announce that they may have found the Higgs Boson particle, or at least something near to it.

I'm no scientist, but my basic understanding is that being able to examine these particles and how they then go on to create other larger Boson particles will provide a new understanding of physics and the structure of the universe.

It may even destroy some of the current understanding of physics or turn it on its head and move science closer to a better understanding and control of the building blocks of particles which, in turn, may lead to new discoveries and inventions that can benefit humankind.

So, what does everyone else think about this discovery? Was it worth the billions spent on the equipment and staff and what do you hope to see from the results of this experiment?
Wed 04/07/12 at 19:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Suffice to say that someone will still be there long after we are all dust ... so does it really matter?
Wed 04/07/12 at 13:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It's all very complicated and I only have a basic understanding of it but what from I can gather, this Higgs field essentially acts like a net to slow down massless particles so they can bond and create something with mass. That offers up far more questions than it answers though, if you know what creates mass you need to explain where it doesn't exist.
Wed 04/07/12 at 10:44
"possibly impossible"
An exciting day for science, then, as scientists at CERN announce that they may have found the Higgs Boson particle, or at least something near to it.

I'm no scientist, but my basic understanding is that being able to examine these particles and how they then go on to create other larger Boson particles will provide a new understanding of physics and the structure of the universe.

It may even destroy some of the current understanding of physics or turn it on its head and move science closer to a better understanding and control of the building blocks of particles which, in turn, may lead to new discoveries and inventions that can benefit humankind.

So, what does everyone else think about this discovery? Was it worth the billions spent on the equipment and staff and what do you hope to see from the results of this experiment?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.