GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help! Java problem uploading images on Mac"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/06/12 at 15:44
Regular
Hi.

I can't upload new images to my website. After clicking 'upload new pictures' in the site builder I get a message saying I don't have the correct version of Java to upload.

My Mac is apparently up to date. I used to be able to upload images so whatever's been changed/updated in the uploading process is stopping me from being able to.

I'm a photographer so this is crucial to my work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running Mac OS X Version 10.5.8...

Cheers

Neil
Wed 20/06/12 at 17:06
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Ok just tested this on OSX 10.6.8 and at first it did say there was no Java. However there was a Java update in the system software updates. After installing this you then get an 'Inactive plugin' link in the middle of the upload area, click this and accept the security warnings and it seems to work fine.
Wed 20/06/12 at 16:48
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi, Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Have you tried checking that you Java runtime is up to date. You should be able to check this by visiting http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp.
The issues Firefox customers are experiencing with the file uploader are unrelated. A Java uploader it used for the image archive and gallery uploads, all other uploaders use Flash.
The new version is being developed on a completely different server so will not be affecting this. It will default to using HTML5 if the browser supports it, to try and avoid any pesky plugins.
Wed 20/06/12 at 16:33
"Are you sure?"
There's an on-going FLASH issue with InstantPro but I'm not sure what symptoms the user sees - or if that would affect you on a Mac?

Have you tried another browser?

Best to raise a Support Ticket as it's important to you.

Please come back an update this thread in case it should help others once things more on :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Wed 20/06/12 at 15:44
Regular
Hi.

I can't upload new images to my website. After clicking 'upload new pictures' in the site builder I get a message saying I don't have the correct version of Java to upload.

My Mac is apparently up to date. I used to be able to upload images so whatever's been changed/updated in the uploading process is stopping me from being able to.

I'm a photographer so this is crucial to my work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running Mac OS X Version 10.5.8...

Cheers

Neil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.