GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Video Game Music"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/06/12 at 15:48
Regular
Just wondering what is your favourite video game song? Pb made a thread about favourite song lyrics, but when it comes to video games the majority of the music that I like is instrumental.

I didn’t know what to expect when I bought Dragon Quest 8 but it has my favourite soundtrack out of all the games I’ve played. Nobuo Uematsu is deservedly well known for his compositions for Final Fantasy and Koichi Sugiyama is probably well known in Japan for his compositions for Dragon Quest.

A Quiet Village

Majestic Castle ~ Gavotte de Chateau

Remembrances

I would say that Braid is my favourite game and I did like both of these songs by Shira Kammen as well. I think that Downstream starts well but I’m not so keen on the last few minutes.

Shira Kammen – Downstream

Shira Kammen - Lullaby Set

Here are a few of my favourite Final Fantasy songs by Nobuo Uematsu.

Nobuo Uematsu - Fisherman's Horizon

Nobuo Uematsu – Melodies of Life

Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand

I have yet to play an Elder Scrolls game, but I do like the theme tune.

Skyrim Morrowind Theme

So what is your favourite song in a video game? I would like to listen to them :)
Sun 17/06/12 at 15:48
Regular
Just wondering what is your favourite video game song? Pb made a thread about favourite song lyrics, but when it comes to video games the majority of the music that I like is instrumental.

I didn’t know what to expect when I bought Dragon Quest 8 but it has my favourite soundtrack out of all the games I’ve played. Nobuo Uematsu is deservedly well known for his compositions for Final Fantasy and Koichi Sugiyama is probably well known in Japan for his compositions for Dragon Quest.

A Quiet Village

Majestic Castle ~ Gavotte de Chateau

Remembrances

I would say that Braid is my favourite game and I did like both of these songs by Shira Kammen as well. I think that Downstream starts well but I’m not so keen on the last few minutes.

Shira Kammen – Downstream

Shira Kammen - Lullaby Set

Here are a few of my favourite Final Fantasy songs by Nobuo Uematsu.

Nobuo Uematsu - Fisherman's Horizon

Nobuo Uematsu – Melodies of Life

Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand

I have yet to play an Elder Scrolls game, but I do like the theme tune.

Skyrim Morrowind Theme

So what is your favourite song in a video game? I would like to listen to them :)
Tue 19/06/12 at 17:28
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
"Burning Jacob's Ladder" from the end of Rage...

I'm sure you can find plenty of links to it! Awesome track, well worth a listen.
Tue 19/06/12 at 22:34
Regular
chasfh wrote:
"Burning Jacob's Ladder" from the end of Rage...

I'm sure you can find plenty of links to it! Awesome track, well worth a listen.

Not bad :)

Apart from the word "Rage" being used in the song, it doesn't sound like an angry song. Like Kurt Cobain, he's afraid of fading away :p
Wed 20/06/12 at 00:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've been known to dabble in creating video game music quizzes from time to time. I find video game music to be really interesting and I'm always on the lookout for something that is good to listen to.

For now, I'll leave you with some tracks and then I'll throw some more on here when I have a bit more time.

Skyrim Explore Night 2

Mass Effect - Uncharted Worlds

(There are extended versions but that is the original.)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - When the Rains Come

F-Zero Mute City
Wed 20/06/12 at 07:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger had a great soundtrack, stupidly catchy even if it was in Japanese.
Wed 20/06/12 at 11:31
Regular
I never played F-Zero, but that reminds me of Smash Bros Brawl. The song I remember most from Melee was the hyrule temple theme.

Hyrule Temple (Melee)

I liked that Skyrim night song :)
Wed 20/06/12 at 11:51
Regular
pete_21 wrote:
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger had a great soundtrack, stupidly catchy even if it was in Japanese.

Didn't understand a word of it, but it is pretty catchy.
Wed 20/06/12 at 13:25
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The one I remember most about SSBM was the character select theme because that would inevitably be where we spent most of the time as no one could decide what character to be.

Smash Bros Character Select

Glad you liked the Skyrim Explore track. It is pretty much perfect when wandering around Skyrim as the sun goes down.

More tracks soon.
Wed 20/06/12 at 15:03
Regular
"How Ironic"
Really nice surprise in this game, you don't expect it when you first hear it

Shadow of the Colossus had some of my favourite music.
Link1
Link2
Link2

Can't believe how under the radar that game was. A lot of people seem to have missed it. Probably my favourite game on the PS2.
Wed 20/06/12 at 16:17
Regular
I really like the Opened Way. I liked the Demise of the Ritual but it took me too long to beat the final colossus. My brain stopped working on the last one >.<

This song also went on for too long. Took me a while to figure out you could steer the colossus by stabbing the teeth on its head :s lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.