GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation Plus"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/12 at 13:04
"possibly impossible"
Sony's E3 announcement had about 10 seconds on a new update for Playstation Plus, much less than it deserved.

The new update for US and European customers gives subscribers a much better deal with 45 full games over the course of the year as part of their subscription.

Starting from today in the EU and yesterday in the US there will be 10 games (12 in US) available to download for 100% discount.

For those of us in the EU, until later today, any subscriber old or new can get the following:
Hamsterball – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99

Wakeboarding HD – 100% off until July 4th
You save £11.99/€14.99

Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99

Sky Fighter – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99

Ricochet HD – 100% off until July 4th
You save £3.19/€3.99

Mushroom Wars – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99

Magic Orbz – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99

Smash Cars – 100% off until July 4th
You save £11.99/€14.99

The new titles going live when the store updates will be:

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Chime Super Deluxe
Darksiders
Renegade Ops
Outland
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
inFamous 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
LittleBigPlanet 2

All for £39.99 for a year or £11.99 for 3 months.
Wed 18/07/12 at 10:04
"possibly impossible"
Haven't got Tomb Raider, but had Saints Row 2 free with Saints Row 3.

The 20% off Nascar, which comes out today, is good though.
Tue 17/07/12 at 19:52
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Managed to hit a month where I have all 3 titles, which is a shame:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Tomb Raider and The Guardian of Light
Saints Row 2
Thu 21/06/12 at 12:25
"possibly impossible"
I know. Personally, I'd prefer something more personal like Xbox and Wii have, but I happily stuck with my avatar since it first came out.
Thu 21/06/12 at 11:11
Regular
"And in last place.."
pb wrote:
If I was doing that job I don't think I'd have quite the same restraint.

It would be waste of time getting stroppy with them, he gets the same nonsense each week regardless.

And what is it with avatars? That's all some people seem to want.
Thu 21/06/12 at 10:13
"possibly impossible"
Heh. I think it cheered Jawad up after all the annoying rants he gets through on that thread each week.

If I was doing that job I don't think I'd have quite the same restraint.
Wed 20/06/12 at 23:06
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Just a note to say that I agree with pb, the PSN store does require more games with the letter Z in it. I am going to complain to Jawad about it on your behalf for the next six months.
Tue 12/06/12 at 23:05
"possibly impossible"
Grandprix wrote:
As much as I'd love to do the PS Plus stuff, I just can't afford it. Does the PS3 allow external drive storage because I think I have a 40GB drive and that wouldn't last very long?

Easier to replace the internal drive. Sony have made it dead easy to do and it doesn't invalidate any warranty. Any standard 2.5" Laptop drive will fit up to 1TB (or more, but there are size issues). Drives can be pretty cheap for 320GB ones too.
Tue 12/06/12 at 15:23
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
As much as I'd love to do the PS Plus stuff, I just can't afford it. Does the PS3 allow external drive storage because I think I have a 40GB drive and that wouldn't last very long?
Tue 12/06/12 at 10:09
"possibly impossible"
Still not had time to actually play any of the games as I was at the cinema last night.

But I'd still recommend PS+ to anyone on the fence about it at the moment. It's a very good deal with 45 big games available over the year.

I really hope they still give us a few Minis/PS1/PS2 games though.
Mon 11/06/12 at 09:26
Regular
"And in last place.."
Did a weekend download marathon session and everything is downloaded and installed. Only managed a brief shot of Virtua Fighter and Little Big Planet 2 so far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.