GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EU Cookie Law "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/05/12 at 10:52
Regular
Hi All,

Will there be an option or add on in Instant Pro builder to provide a cookie opt-out system to comply with the new EU Law regarding cookies coming into force 25-05-2012.
I know I have to update privacy policy on the site to tell visitors what they are being used for etc.

Thanks for your time,

ceramicman
Fri 18/05/12 at 19:12
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I think you might be correct Hmmm. So for InstantPro you would need to get consent for Analytics, if used, and for the InstantPro statistics, including the visitor counter. We do use other cookies, such as session cookies but these are essential for sites to function so don't apply.
Fri 18/05/12 at 18:46
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
If your site is a personal site it's my understanding that you don't have to worry about this, the legislation only applies to businesses.

No - I don't believe that's correct.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 18/05/12 at 16:34
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
If your site is a personal site it's my understanding that you don't have to worry about this, the legislation only applies to businesses.

Even the ICO site is not compliant as they set a cookie before you even accept or reject the cookie warning on their site.

We'll have to look at what won't work on InstantPro site if cookies are completely blocked and work around essential stuff that stops working because of this.
Fri 18/05/12 at 16:14
Regular
Thanks for quick response, I have had a look at bt.com site in their footer. Just to see how they will implement this new law, it seems that they are still working on it as well (with slider etc). It would be nice if you launch the app or add in it would come with some standard text relating to cookies and how to it is being used on the site.

Regards,

ceramicman
Fri 18/05/12 at 11:05
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
We are considering how this needs to be offered at the moment. Most of the government sites don't seem to know how to comply so we're waiting to see how this should be implemented as there is conflicting advice everywhere.
So, yes, there will be an option at some point as cookies are used on all InstantPro sites.
Fri 18/05/12 at 10:52
Regular
Hi All,

Will there be an option or add on in Instant Pro builder to provide a cookie opt-out system to comply with the new EU Law regarding cookies coming into force 25-05-2012.
I know I have to update privacy policy on the site to tell visitors what they are being used for etc.

Thanks for your time,

ceramicman

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.