GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Registering Products?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/02/02 at 19:10
Regular
How many of you fill in those little registration forms that seem to come with most hadware and software these days? Any of you? No?

I'm not suprised. They are a complete waste of time.

A couple of years ago a upgraded to a Voodoo 3 graphics card. It was the first hardware upgrade I'd done to my PC.

So when I saw the registration card thing in the box, and it said "We will keep you updated of future products and updated drivers.. etc etc" I thought I'd fill it in and send it off.

It's always ahndy to know when new drivers and stuff are available. Anyway, I sent it off and forgot about it.

Last year I bought Black & White for my PC. I'd heard about the game for ages and read all the previews etc and I was really looking forward to playing it.

So I get home, install it, load it up. And it crashes. Hmmm, I think. Restart the computer, try again. Same thing happens. Now, I was running system that was pretty much the minimum spec, so I wondered if it could be that.

I call my mate up, install it on his machine with a similar spec, and it works fine.

Anyway, I mess about for all of one evening and the morning of the next day, and it still doesn't work. I'm about to take it back to the shop, when my mate suggest looking for updated drivers for my graphics card.

I look.

There's some new ones. I download, install, and B&W runs fine.

SO WHY WASN'T I TOLD ABOUT THE NEW DRIVERS?!?!

I registered, gave all my details away, and they can't be bothered to send me an email when some new drivers get released?

Sod that for a laugh!

So I don't register any more. Perhaps if more companies did let people know, registering would actually be worthwhile.

And I know I can check the website, but 1: I don't have time. 2. I shouldn't have to. I bought their product, I register, the least they can do is offer a tiny bit of after sales support.
Mon 18/02/02 at 14:38
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Your registration was probably lost in the post - otherwise you would have had loads of junk mail.
Mon 18/02/02 at 12:08
Regular
Anyone else?
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:33
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I did actually type quite a lenthy reply to this topic a few seconda ago but my messed-up internet con just erased everything I type when I tried to submit it. So, seeing as I can't be bothered to type it all out again, here's a brief summary of what I did say:

*You're quite lucky, 'coz normally, the companies send you loads of junk e-mail.
*I'm not that bothered if I'm not informed, 'coz I regularly check for driver updates, being an avid PC tweaker.
*I normally register products 'coz I'm some sad-act 15 year old who enjoys receiving mail through the post.
*I don't give away my email address, where possible, because I don't like wasting my time filtering out rubbish from important e-mails.
*You're personal information is probably now stored on hundreds on companies databases.

There ya go! :)
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:10
Regular
How many of you fill in those little registration forms that seem to come with most hadware and software these days? Any of you? No?

I'm not suprised. They are a complete waste of time.

A couple of years ago a upgraded to a Voodoo 3 graphics card. It was the first hardware upgrade I'd done to my PC.

So when I saw the registration card thing in the box, and it said "We will keep you updated of future products and updated drivers.. etc etc" I thought I'd fill it in and send it off.

It's always ahndy to know when new drivers and stuff are available. Anyway, I sent it off and forgot about it.

Last year I bought Black & White for my PC. I'd heard about the game for ages and read all the previews etc and I was really looking forward to playing it.

So I get home, install it, load it up. And it crashes. Hmmm, I think. Restart the computer, try again. Same thing happens. Now, I was running system that was pretty much the minimum spec, so I wondered if it could be that.

I call my mate up, install it on his machine with a similar spec, and it works fine.

Anyway, I mess about for all of one evening and the morning of the next day, and it still doesn't work. I'm about to take it back to the shop, when my mate suggest looking for updated drivers for my graphics card.

I look.

There's some new ones. I download, install, and B&W runs fine.

SO WHY WASN'T I TOLD ABOUT THE NEW DRIVERS?!?!

I registered, gave all my details away, and they can't be bothered to send me an email when some new drivers get released?

Sod that for a laugh!

So I don't register any more. Perhaps if more companies did let people know, registering would actually be worthwhile.

And I know I can check the website, but 1: I don't have time. 2. I shouldn't have to. I bought their product, I register, the least they can do is offer a tiny bit of after sales support.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.