GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC or X-box???"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:56
Regular
If you had the choice between either:
-a brand new, top of the range PC
or...
-an X-box

...what would you choose and why??
Think in terms of gaming.

I'd probably go for a new PC, as mines getting pretty knackered! And I like the fact that you can buy different pads, and aren't stuck with BFG sized pads!
Mon 18/02/02 at 21:14
Regular
I would choose PC over XBOX any day.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:13
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
PC, definitely. X-box doesn't interest me.
Mon 18/02/02 at 14:31
Regular
I've played X-box and let's just say it' different to all other consoles. Not worth the price of an import (originally £600, then reduced to £475). I'd say get a top spec PC, GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500, Pentium 4, 2 Ghz. What more could you want, devoted to gaming. Oh, and Windows XP (All though I've heard it's crap) or Windows ME.
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:54
"Uzi Lover"
Thing is, the PC has no offical creator (e.g Nintendo, Sony etc) so every pad that comes out is like one of those crappy 3rd party pants pads on a console.

I'm dreading the launch of Logic 3's (or whoever they may be) Infra Red Wireless controller for the Gamecube. It's gonna be killerable I tell's ya!

If you use the arrow keys on a PC it's like a oblong D-pad.

Anyway, how did I know this topic would come up sometime?
Thu 14/02/02 at 16:56
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If you had the choice between either:
-a brand new, top of the range PC
or...
-an X-box

...what would you choose and why??
Think in terms of gaming.

I'd probably go for a new PC, as mines getting pretty knackered! And I like the fact that you can buy different pads, and aren't stuck with BFG sized pads!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.