GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feedback needed please......."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/02/02 at 23:01
Regular
www.horleyuk.com

Im currently designing a website at the moment and would be grateful for any feedback on it.

Im also running the website and its pure aim is to make me money. Basically I get people to submit their businesses to my website for a price and they get.... erm... exposure.

I'll make a little form for you to fill in if you want, to make it a little easier, but you dont have to use it:

----------------

Presentation: ?/10 Comments Here.............

Navigation: ?/10 Comments Here.............

Download Time: ?/10 Comments Here.............

Layout: ?/10 Comments Here.............

Content: ?/10 Comments Here.............

Other: ?/10 Comments Here.............

Suggestions: ............

----------------

Thanks for your time

David
Tue 19/02/02 at 10:52
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Tyla wrote:

> redrawing it using vectors and then outputting it for the web...

that's exacitally what I was thinking
Tue 19/02/02 at 10:51
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fogmaster wrote:
> I think a flashy logo would look out of place on your website, the one you've got is good, just needs to be polished. Yeah.

Like redrawing it using vectors and then outputting it for the web...
Tue 19/02/02 at 10:45
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think a flashy logo would look out of place on your website, the one you've got is good, just needs to be polished. Yeah.
Tue 19/02/02 at 07:48
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Dav1d wrote:
> Anyone know a good logo creator?

Software deosn't create the logo for you, that's down to your ability as a designer... but as for software to help you release your creativity...

Illustrator
Freehand

Otherwise... you'd be better off looking for someone who knows what they're doing...
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:58
Regular
Fogmaster wrote:
> I like the new design, although, the logo could look a little nicer

Anyone know a good logo creator?
Fri 15/02/02 at 22:48
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I like the new design, although, the logo could look a little nicer, and the white space at the top, I hate white space, it's a horrible diesese.
good luck with it though, great idea + does every town have a pub called the Bull?
Fri 15/02/02 at 20:40
Regular
Thanks Namostar

Would you mind comparing it to this page: http://horleyuk.com/test.htm

and see which you think is best

Thanks
Fri 15/02/02 at 20:29
Hi
Ive checked it out.

Youve got a good simple navigation system, that means alot for a site such as this. It loaded very quickly too.

Presentation: 5/10 Not the best design, but it gets the message across which is what it has o do.

Navigation: 9/10 Very basic and therefore simple to use.

Download Time: 9/10 Very fast:D

Layout: 8/10 Yup, the side and top navigation is a good way to go for a site like this

Content: 6/10 The 'centre' area seems very blank. Perhaps you could include news or something similar there instead.

Other: Your gonna need advertising to make a site like this work.
Fri 15/02/02 at 20:06
Regular
Anyone?
Thu 14/02/02 at 22:34
Regular
http://horleyuk.com/test.htm

----

Right, I’ve redesigned the page and have altered it to suit all the points you lovely people have made! :-)

Im still stuck on a few points though:

- “all the pages are static html files at present, I'd seriously consider scripting for it if you've not already.” How? Where? When? etc

- “link colours are badly chosen too, but I could go on all day about this subject...” Please explain :-)

- The website looks a little too white now… and I don’t know what I can put in the space at the top of the page.

- Still not certain about the colour change.

- I cant get rid of that big white space between the main text and the links at the bottom

----

Thanks

David

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.