GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My comic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/03/12 at 16:49
Regular
Comic or just remember readthiscomic.com

Hello guys, this is one of the projects I've been working on for a while (I have too many projects). I wanted to get it up more earlier, but as you know I've been in and out of hospital since last year.

Everything is still new and simple, but I'll continue to add (like todays comic) and change things every day. I did want to have a poll on there, but I never could get someone to make me a decent script. :)

Oh and it's daily, single panel, about cats and no words are ever used so everyone and their dog can enjoy it.
Fri 30/03/12 at 14:02
Regular
Warhunt wrote:
Nah reddit is pretty forgiving (in most respects, or unethically horrible in others), and you self plugging would be a drop in the ocean.

McLonge (FIFA Voice: Sausange! .... Private joke) has an account so he might do it for you if you ask nicely enough.

I love the comic, and I wouldn't worry too much about the 'random' script. when you have more than a few comics (assuming you are going to) it will cease to be an issue.

Thank you Warhunt. :) I gave in and decided to post one on reddit, unfortunately it only got 2 karma haha. Maybe I should have tried another subreddit, or change the title (Look what I saw on fb maybe?) or used a different comic.

Yeah when I have a few hundred comics it won't be so bad, it was more worse when I just had the three. Was annoying getting the same one all the time. :)

Will be posting todays one soon.
Fri 30/03/12 at 13:04
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Nah reddit is pretty forgiving (in most respects, or unethically horrible in others), and you self plugging would be a drop in the ocean.

McLonge (FIFA Voice: Sausange! .... Private joke) has an account so he might do it for you if you ask nicely enough.

I love the comic, and I wouldn't worry too much about the 'random' script. when you have more than a few comics (assuming you are going to) it will cease to be an issue.
Thu 29/03/12 at 23:21
Regular
Cheers Alfonse. :)

McLong wrote:
That's awesome Machie, I like it very much. The art style looks good and I love the simplicity of both the comics and the website.

Can I make 2 very minor suggestions?

1. If you're already on the Random page, it would be nice to exclude the current comic from appearing when you click 'Random' again.

2. The 'Search' button/page should probably be called 'Browse', as it doesn't really let you search for anything.

Be sure to submit it to reddit. They love their cats!

Thank you McLong, I'm really glad you like it. I try to mix up the art styles and create a picture to tell a little story or something funny.

Yeah the random script is too basic. I think I need some help from Garin or someone on that. :(

Most comic sites use the word "archive", but I felt it wasn't friendly enough for everyone. So my options were browse and search. I went with the more common word, but you're right. Until I can't display all the comics on one page. I'll switch to using browse for now.

Thanks McLong, really appreciate the suggestions.

Would love to put them on reddit, but I was worried it would be naughty of me to do it myself. Hopefully someone looking for a little karma can give it a try. :)
Thu 29/03/12 at 17:26
Regular
That's awesome Machie, I like it very much. The art style looks good and I love the simplicity of both the comics and the website.

Can I make 2 very minor suggestions?

1. If you're already on the Random page, it would be nice to exclude the current comic from appearing when you click 'Random' again.

2. The 'Search' button/page should probably be called 'Browse', as it doesn't really let you search for anything.

Be sure to submit it to reddit. They love their cats!
Thu 29/03/12 at 15:31
Regular
It reminds me of that cat comic in the metro, thankfully yours has a much nicer art style and no lame puns.
Wed 28/03/12 at 18:46
Regular
I suppose polls and tag clouds are a bit out of date now. I think it's all about social. Are you pinning Hmmm?
Wed 28/03/12 at 17:48
"Are you sure?"
Machie wrote:
...I did want to have a poll on there, but I never could get someone to make me a decent script. :) ...[/i]

Machie wrote:
> Wow that's pretty good Hmmm, I have a few questions...

My demo has now been removed :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 28/03/12 at 16:49
Regular
Comic or just remember readthiscomic.com

Hello guys, this is one of the projects I've been working on for a while (I have too many projects). I wanted to get it up more earlier, but as you know I've been in and out of hospital since last year.

Everything is still new and simple, but I'll continue to add (like todays comic) and change things every day. I did want to have a poll on there, but I never could get someone to make me a decent script. :)

Oh and it's daily, single panel, about cats and no words are ever used so everyone and their dog can enjoy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.