GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Personal Messaging?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/09/07 at 11:52
Regular
Hi Freeola, is it a possibility that you can add personal messaging to this forum? I tell you why I ask. I was wanting to send cjh a message as I had some thiung I wanted to tell him, how ever I dont have his email address, so I clicked on his profile page and thought, "crikey what if I could send him a message from his profile page" but alas that option is no available. I think it would be a canny idea what do Freeola and other think? and could it be done?
Sun 02/09/07 at 11:52
Regular
Hi Freeola, is it a possibility that you can add personal messaging to this forum? I tell you why I ask. I was wanting to send cjh a message as I had some thiung I wanted to tell him, how ever I dont have his email address, so I clicked on his profile page and thought, "crikey what if I could send him a message from his profile page" but alas that option is no available. I think it would be a canny idea what do Freeola and other think? and could it be done?
Sun 02/09/07 at 23:20
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sound like a handy idea, although if you'd scrolled down a little further, you could have clicked on my web link and used the contact form there :)
Sun 02/09/07 at 23:40
Regular
I could have did that but then a would not have came up with the great idea! any how now that I have your attention I saw that according to the list of Bingo winners (I am one of them now lol) you still need to claim your prize! dont forget to claim it - its TAX free
Mon 03/09/07 at 09:42
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not really unfortunately. An amazon or argos voucher used to buy stuff that normally has VAT payable against it! Ah well, not sure about private messaging, a good idea but we need the forums to be busier before we spend time implementing a feature that only a few people would use otherwise. It's gone on my list anyway.
Mon 03/09/07 at 20:23
Regular
Vouchers are great and tax free in the sense of well if i get a cash bonus at work its taxed (rightly so its unearned income) but then I go out and buy goods that are taxed so am taxed twice, vouchers I am only taxed once (I think) #

Re messaging I take yer point but not sure what would make the forum busier?....I know peronal messaging perhaps? :)

Eccles wrote:
> Not really unfortunately. An amazon or argos voucher used to buy
> stuff that normally has VAT payable against it! Ah well, not
> sure about private messaging, a good idea but we need the forums
> to be busier before we spend time implementing a feature that
> only a few people would use otherwise. It's gone on my list
> anyway.
Mon 03/09/07 at 20:27
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
But then only one other person would see the message!
Mon 03/09/07 at 20:39
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Email notification of replies to your topics might help. You do tend to get people starting topics in here and in the games forum (usually asking about cheats etc.) and they're never heard from again. I think its likely they post and then just forget all about it and/or find the answer elsewhere so never bother checking back. Perhaps a "hey somebody replied to your post on freeola" type email might be helpeful in getting some of these people to return.
Mon 03/09/07 at 21:13
Regular
Well DOH! thats why its called personal messaging silly! if IO want others to see it I use your Forums lol (I can see me getting wrong with this post I think)

Eccles wrote:
> But then only one other person would see the message!
Mon 03/09/07 at 21:17
Regular
This is a really good idea this one, and a step in the right direction.

Garin wrote:
> Email notification of replies to your topics might help. You do
> tend to get people starting topics in here and in the games
> forum (usually asking about cheats etc.) and they're never heard
> from again. I think its likely they post and then just forget
> all about it and/or find the answer elsewhere so never bother
> checking back. Perhaps a "hey somebody replied to your
> post on freeola" type email might be helpeful in getting
> some of these people to return.
Tue 04/09/07 at 12:22
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hehe, I was winding you up Digitrader. Both good ideas. The thread subscription thing could be good with the option to not subscribe to threads you post in or subscribe to specific threads. The email would then get sent to your MyFreeola email address.
So far we have:
Improvements to BBCode code tags etc.
A private messaging system
'Email me on thread reply' option.
Arcade
err that's all for now I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.