GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"She just Cannae do it Capt'n!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/07/06 at 15:39
Regular
"black + blue"
They have been trying to beam him up for almost a year now.

There is news this week that the deceased actor James Doohan, who played Scotty in Star Trek, finally has a launch date this October for his space burial. Scotty's ashes have been waiting (with no sign of impatience) since his death last year at the age of 85, to be fired into space in accordance with his final wishes. Space Services, the space burial company, were forced to reschedule the original mission due to problems with their rocket.

In addition to the great man, there will be more than 120 others on board for cosmic despatch, including at least one other member of the Star Trek crew (all dead). Ahead of the daunting trip, Scotty can rest safe in the knowledge that he will eventually return to Earth, albeit in a somewhat diminished state. His capsule will apparently orbit the Earth for between 50 and 200 years, before returning to the atmosphere and burning up. Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry's ashes were less fortunate, and only got to spend 11 years in orbit, returning to Earth in 2002.

Star Trek fans have been posting tributes to Scotty/Doohan on the Space Services Web Site. These will be digitised and poked in the capsule with him to be fired off into the great unknown. Let's hope everything goes according to plan this time, although in fairness it can't get any worse for Scotty.
Thu 27/07/06 at 23:57
Regular
"Mooching around"
Ah farewell to one more.

Tell you what, I'd like to sent out to space after death... How much does this cost? A fortune I bet.

Oh, and this line "member of the Star Trek crew (all dead)." Really made me laugh :-D I'm sick, I know.
Thu 27/07/06 at 15:39
Regular
"black + blue"
They have been trying to beam him up for almost a year now.

There is news this week that the deceased actor James Doohan, who played Scotty in Star Trek, finally has a launch date this October for his space burial. Scotty's ashes have been waiting (with no sign of impatience) since his death last year at the age of 85, to be fired into space in accordance with his final wishes. Space Services, the space burial company, were forced to reschedule the original mission due to problems with their rocket.

In addition to the great man, there will be more than 120 others on board for cosmic despatch, including at least one other member of the Star Trek crew (all dead). Ahead of the daunting trip, Scotty can rest safe in the knowledge that he will eventually return to Earth, albeit in a somewhat diminished state. His capsule will apparently orbit the Earth for between 50 and 200 years, before returning to the atmosphere and burning up. Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry's ashes were less fortunate, and only got to spend 11 years in orbit, returning to Earth in 2002.

Star Trek fans have been posting tributes to Scotty/Doohan on the Space Services Web Site. These will be digitised and poked in the capsule with him to be fired off into the great unknown. Let's hope everything goes according to plan this time, although in fairness it can't get any worse for Scotty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.