GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Muskas Classic Review: Super Mario World"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario World'.
Wed 18/12/02 at 11:45
Regular
Super Mario World is a good game for all ages - to fully complete it can provide a challenge to experienced users, and for young players, or beginners, it provides an exciting game.

The storyline is pretty much standard for any Mario game. The princess has been kidnapped *Gasp! I'm so surprised!* by Bowser, and you, as Mario have to rescue her. You must navigate through various and progressingly harder worlds, conquering castles and fortresses occupied by Bowser's relatives along the way.
This is my short review of Super Mario World it is far from the greatest review ever well here it goes
------------------------------------------------------

Super Mario World is a good game for all ages - to fully complete it can provide a challenge to experienced users, and for young players, or beginners, it provides an exciting game.

The storyline is pretty much standard for any Mario game. The princess has been kidnapped *Gasp! I'm so surprised!* by Bowser, and you, as Mario have to rescue her. You must navigate through various and progressingly harder worlds, conquering castles and fortresses occupied by Bowser's relatives along the way.

You can play with one player or two, using Luigi as the second player. You alternate playing - it is not done simultaneously. You also have another partner - Yoshi, who joins you as a trusty steed. His favorite meal is berries, coins and Goombas.

Mario can have different forms along the way. He can be small, big, shoot fireballs, or even fly. All of this forms can be useful in various stages of the game.

Super Mario World has a ton of secret levels that aren't mandatory to finish the game. All in all, there are 96 levels to complete, but it is possible to finish the game by only completing 12 of them!

In the game, there are swimming levels, spooky ghost houses with hidden exits, dangerous castles, and other assorted areas. One thing that is different from previous Super Mario games is that in a level, you can go back - the screen does not only scroll forward (except in a few levels). This means that you can re-enter pipes that were at the beginning of the level. You can also do any level over again once completed, including castles! Another nice thing is that if you are in a level previously completed, you can exit it without having to finish it. This is handy if you know an area that is good for building up extra lifes, or if you just want to get a Super Mushroom.

The music in Super Mario World can get a little irritating, as with previous Super Mario games, but then, that's what volume control is for, isn't it? The graphics aren't bad - not exciting, but sufficient. Game controls are easy to learn, there aren't any special tricks, other than learning how to fly.

I would recommend this game to anyone, as it provides good gameplay to diehard Mario fans, as well as to anybody.
Wed 18/12/02 at 22:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have this on e*m*u*l*a*t*o*r

It rules.
Wed 18/12/02 at 11:46
Sorry screwed that up when editing :(

You can play with one player or two, using Luigi as the second player. You alternate playing - it is not done simultaneously. You also have another partner - Yoshi, who joins you as a trusty steed. His favorite meal is berries, coins and Goombas.

Mario can have different forms along the way. He can be small, big, shoot fireballs, or even fly. All of this forms can be useful in various stages of the game.

Super Mario World has a ton of secret levels that aren't mandatory to finish the game. All in all, there are 96 levels to complete, but it is possible to finish the game by only completing 12 of them!

In the game, there are swimming levels, spooky ghost houses with hidden exits, dangerous castles, and other assorted areas. One thing that is different from previous Super Mario games is that in a level, you can go back - the screen does not only scroll forward (except in a few levels). This means that you can re-enter pipes that were at the beginning of the level. You can also do any level over again once completed, including castles! Another nice thing is that if you are in a level previously completed, you can exit it without having to finish it. This is handy if you know an area that is good for building up extra lifes, or if you just want to get a Super Mushroom.

The music in Super Mario World can get a little irritating, as with previous Super Mario games, but then, that's what volume control is for, isn't it? The graphics aren't bad - not exciting, but sufficient. Game controls are easy to learn, there aren't any special tricks, other than learning how to fly.

I would recommend this game to anyone, as it provides good gameplay to diehard Mario fans, as well as to anybody.

thats fine now
Wed 18/12/02 at 11:45

This is my short review of Super Mario World it is far from the greatest review ever well here it goes
------------------------------------------------------

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.