GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Amazon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/08/07 at 14:05
Regular
Always go for the Super Saver Delivery option.

I bought a microphone (finally :P) awhile ago and it said it would take over a week to deliver at the minimum. Less than 24 hours after placing the order, I was using my new mic.

On Tuesday I ordered a pricey webcam and although it was "dispatching soon" for 2 days. It was sent yesterday late afternoon and I received it just now. I was a bit suprised too as the last one was a Royal Mail van. This was a civilian car with a middle aged man and woman with a clipboard delivering it. Ah I see, it says they're TNT. Didnt Royal Mail lose their 2nd class business with Amazon not long ago?

So yeah, save yourself some money and take the free option.

On another note, when you purchase something from an Amazon Marketplace seller. Why does anything electronic cost £4.50 delivery even if its just a postage stamp sized flash card? Still it works out cheaper than store prices so I guess I shouldnt complain. =)
Fri 31/08/07 at 14:05
Regular
Always go for the Super Saver Delivery option.

I bought a microphone (finally :P) awhile ago and it said it would take over a week to deliver at the minimum. Less than 24 hours after placing the order, I was using my new mic.

On Tuesday I ordered a pricey webcam and although it was "dispatching soon" for 2 days. It was sent yesterday late afternoon and I received it just now. I was a bit suprised too as the last one was a Royal Mail van. This was a civilian car with a middle aged man and woman with a clipboard delivering it. Ah I see, it says they're TNT. Didnt Royal Mail lose their 2nd class business with Amazon not long ago?

So yeah, save yourself some money and take the free option.

On another note, when you purchase something from an Amazon Marketplace seller. Why does anything electronic cost £4.50 delivery even if its just a postage stamp sized flash card? Still it works out cheaper than store prices so I guess I shouldnt complain. =)
Fri 31/08/07 at 14:12
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I get everything off Amazon, either directly from Amazon or thorugh their sellers, it's a lot, lot better than eBay. I did have some real problems ordering my Wii, but I cancelled it in the end. I purchased the Blackadder boxset, Indiana Jones Boxset, Family Guy Series 5, and Toy Story special edition on Monday, all came within 2 days although Toy Story isn't here yet.
Fri 31/08/07 at 14:49
"possibly impossible"
Don't think I've ever bothered with the 1st Class post on Amazon, they do well with the free postage option.

Only thing I'd wish they'd change is when you search for something and you get stuff that's out of date, from a private seller or not in stock. Should have better filters to break this down more.
Fri 31/08/07 at 15:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i always use the super saver option to, doesn't seem to be much difference, still gets here quick enough
Fri 31/08/07 at 16:05
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Yeah, the first class option sucks, my friend ordered something guarenteed next day delivery or whatever the option is, and it actually took a week to get through to him :-/ The cheap posting is far superior!
Fri 31/08/07 at 19:41
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I've started to favour Amazon over Ebuyer now. At least with Amazon you get a general idea of how much the end price is going to be when you're choosing the things you want, but with Ebuyer, you order your stuff, then they chuck on VAT, service charge and postage, and before you know it your £30 order is now £40.

Amazon ftw!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.