GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who remembers their first game they bought"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/02/02 at 16:36
Regular
now of course this is going back some for some of us!! But do any of you remember the first ever computer game you bought? Mine was on my great Amstrad and was Count Duckular!! I loved is so much. You had to go around jumping on bad guys heads while collecting jam sandwiches!!!
Mon 11/02/02 at 16:36
now of course this is going back some for some of us!! But do any of you remember the first ever computer game you bought? Mine was on my great Amstrad and was Count Duckular!! I loved is so much. You had to go around jumping on bad guys heads while collecting jam sandwiches!!!
Mon 11/02/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't know about the first game I actually payed for myself, but I remember the first game ever played on a console.
I got Super Mario Bros. with a NES and Duck Hunt and the gun for x-mas, when I was 5, 1990 I think??
Mario was amazing then, and I was playing it all x-mas day!! BRILLIANT!!

The first one I actually payed for may have been Perfect Dark, in the summer of 2000! iI think I payed £50 for it out of my own money, and they realised I needed another 30 for the expansion pack!! So I got some money from my mum!
If only I knew about SR then I may have saved myself a tenner...
Tue 12/02/02 at 10:17
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Destruction Derby 2. It was good back then, honest... ;)
Tue 12/02/02 at 11:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, even though I don't really like the PSX, along with GTA and Tekken, Destruction Derby was one of my favourite games!!

Apparently it was quite good on the N64, but I never got or played it. I may get it for the PS now, as it's probably real cheap!
Tue 12/02/02 at 16:14
"You love us!"
First game I remember buying was Mosquito (on the Mastertronnic label for £1.99) on the Commodore VIC 20. The level was a single screen maze, with the object being to collect the key, then make it to the exit without getting attacked by the mosquitoes. You also had a can of insect repellent to fend them off with – advanced stuff indeed.
The game only had five levels, but the coolest bit was the fact that all the walls on the last level were made from keys! Which, obviously meant you didn’t know where the key was - to begin with. Unfortunately everytime you played, the key was in the same place ;-)

I played that game soooo much.

However the first game I ever remember playing was of course Pong, our local chip shop had the arcade machine not long after it came out! The later got Space invaders too, and from that day I’ve been hooked!

Ahhhh, fond memories indeed!
Tue 12/02/02 at 16:16
Regular
"That's right!"
Well we had an Amstrad CPC 464, I don't think that I myself bought anything for it, I was too young

I think the first game I bought myself with my own money was Wario Land on the Game Boy (original brick gameboy) I loved Mario Land 2 and Wario is one of the best games I've ever played
Sun 17/02/02 at 12:22
Regular
"mariachi"
the first game i bought was ghostbusters for the spectrum!
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:31
If I recall correctly, the very first game I ever bought was Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for the Mega Drive. I found that it an awsome classic, and I used to play it so much I went rather pale because I never went outside.

A few years later I got the Saturn, and once again the first game I bought for it was a Sonic one. This time it was Sonic Jam, another gaming masterpiece.

Not too long afterwards I got the Dreamcast, and the first game I purchased for it was, that's right, you guessed it, yet another piece of Sonic Team brilliance- Sonic Adventure.
This game is one of my current favourites.

That was the last of my Sega consoles, and I then moved on to Sony and Nintendo. Next, I got the Playstation and my first game that I bought was Croc 2, which wasn't really anything to be proud of, but it was alright.

The Playstation 2 was my next consol, and my first purchase for it was another one of my favourites, Tony Hawks 3. This game kept my busy for a very long time.

The latest games consol that I got was the the Game Boy Advance, and the first game that I bought for it was Rayman Advance. This game was quite good at first, but eventually it got rather boring having to go through the same levels over and over again, trying to get all of the cages.

But if there is a game that I will never forget, it's Sonic The Hedgehog 2- the one that introduced me to video games.
Tue 19/02/02 at 08:36
Regular
Crash bandicoot, Porsche Challenge and Wipeout for the Playstation.
Fri 22/02/02 at 19:23
As far as I can remember the first game I bought for myself was Double Dragon on the Game Boy. But the first game I ever personally owned was the great Wolfenstein 3D on the PC, which my dad bought me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.