GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STUPID STUPID X Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/12/02 at 22:40
Regular
was having a friendly chat to Tom telling him about my new Sony amp DD 5.1 and DTS set up and how good it'll be with the optical connection from x box and Tom told me you only get the optical out with the advanced scart lead, now my tv is kinda old and only has phono's and i will get a new one but i thought they'd of put the connection on the console like the PS2 the damn fools.

i thought they asked gamers what they wanted from a console A DAMN DIGITAL WITHOUT THE NEED OF ANOTHER DAMN LEAD!

idiots, it means you have to buy a stupid scart lead (which i can't use) and an optical cable.

is there another lead i can get? i wanna use the optical and so i can use the DD 5.1 and not phono's as that'll be pro logic if anyone asks.

there must be another lead.
Tue 24/12/02 at 16:43
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Only thing I can suggest is some sort of converter, but god knows if anyone sells them.
Tue 24/12/02 at 15:55
Regular
"me smart, u dork bi"
The Master wrote:
> was having a friendly chat to Tom telling him about my new Sony amp DD
> 5.1 and DTS set up and how good it'll be with the optical connection
> from x box and Tom told me you only get the optical out with the
> advanced scart lead, now my tv is kinda old and only has phono's and i
> will get a new one but i thought they'd of put the connection on the
> console like the PS2 the damn fools.
>
> i thought they asked gamers what they wanted from a console A DAMN
> DIGITAL WITHOUT THE NEED OF ANOTHER DAMN LEAD!
>
> idiots, it means you have to buy a stupid scart lead (which i can't
> use) and an optical cable.
>
>
> is there another lead i can get? i wanna use the optical and so i can
> use the DD 5.1 and not phono's as that'll be pro logic if anyone
> asks.
>
> there must be another lead.

Gameplay sells a lead with s-video, RGB Scart and an optical Toslink cable for £12.99 also has analouge RCA stereo out for hi-fi's

Hope this helps
Tue 24/12/02 at 11:37
Regular
"PS2 4 eva"
ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me
Tue 24/12/02 at 11:28
Regular
I am sorry but you will have to get a TV with a scart socket that accepts RGB Scarts! That is the only way you can get Dolby Digital/5.1/DTS from your Xbox. The optical input cable goes into the advanced scart which then goes into your TV and I don't think there isn another way around it to get Dolby Digital?! I will keep thinking and having a look to see what you could do.
Mon 23/12/02 at 22:40
was having a friendly chat to Tom telling him about my new Sony amp DD 5.1 and DTS set up and how good it'll be with the optical connection from x box and Tom told me you only get the optical out with the advanced scart lead, now my tv is kinda old and only has phono's and i will get a new one but i thought they'd of put the connection on the console like the PS2 the damn fools.

i thought they asked gamers what they wanted from a console A DAMN DIGITAL WITHOUT THE NEED OF ANOTHER DAMN LEAD!

idiots, it means you have to buy a stupid scart lead (which i can't use) and an optical cable.

is there another lead i can get? i wanna use the optical and so i can use the DD 5.1 and not phono's as that'll be pro logic if anyone asks.

there must be another lead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.