GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Natwest Banking"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/08/07 at 12:42
Regular
Freeola, I do not have a Natwest bank account, and have forwarded several SPAM emails to your abuse person today, but I am not sure that you are actually getting them? is there any way that you could acknowledge receipt of emails sent to your spam can? other institutions do it and it lets the sender know that you do actually receive them and care.

Kev
Fri 24/08/07 at 12:42
Regular
Freeola, I do not have a Natwest bank account, and have forwarded several SPAM emails to your abuse person today, but I am not sure that you are actually getting them? is there any way that you could acknowledge receipt of emails sent to your spam can? other institutions do it and it lets the sender know that you do actually receive them and care.

Kev
Fri 24/08/07 at 13:59
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digitrader,
I've also seen those Natwest phishing emails recently.

NB. Where you say 'forward emails', so that Freeola can look at the email header it's best to send the emails as attachments.

i.e. Start a new email to abuse at freeola.com and then attach/drag the spam emails.

In the past I've had an automated reply from Freeola. I guess there is the possibility that if you are forwarding the emails they are not making it as they could look like spam?!?

WITH YOUR MODERATOR HAT ON:

I see Tony wants to slim down the amount of sticky threads.
Do you think you could un-sticky my "Webmaster Tools and Tips" thread? If any new posts are added it will get back up the list.

Also - are you able to tidy up the two Welcome messages?
How about putting the contents of the original Welcome message in your 'Part 2' thread - or vice-versa?

Thanks.
Search Freeola Chat
Fri 24/08/07 at 13:59
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I can certainly see if that is possible. We have an auto responder on that address I think, so if you are not getting the auto response then perhaps the email isn't getting through. There isn't anything in that inbox from you at the moment.

Edit: I've unstuck the tips thread but I'll leave the other one to Digitrader as it was created by him.
Fri 24/08/07 at 14:14
Regular
Never ever had an autoresponce from [email protected]

I was told to do it this way....

In outlook express I click on message Forward as an attachment. These were the instructions given by Bob Cheif Webmaster many moons ago, is this not the way we should now do it?

Kev
Fri 24/08/07 at 14:23
Regular
Ok I have sorted out the welcome thread I need Moderator1 (not me) to delete the original twelcome thread, I have incorporated his words into the other welcome thread along with the tips tricks and tutorials.

Kev

Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi Digitrader,
> I've also seen those Natwest phishing emails recently.
>
> NB. Where you say 'forward emails', so that Freeola can look at
> the email header it's best to send the emails as attachments.
>
> i.e. Start a new email to abuse at freeola.com and then
> attach/drag the spam emails.
>
> In the past I've had an automated reply from Freeola. I guess
> there is the possibility that if you are forwarding the emails
> they are not making it as they could look like spam?!?
>
> WITH YOUR MODERATOR HAT ON:
>
> I see Tony wants to slim down the amount of sticky threads.
> Do you think you could un-sticky my "Webmaster Tools and
> Tips" thread? If any new posts are added it will get back
> up the list.
>
> Also - are you able to tidy up the two Welcome messages?
> How about putting the contents of the original Welcome message
> in your 'Part 2' thread - or vice-versa?
>
> Thanks.
> Search Freeola
> Chat
Fri 24/08/07 at 15:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Digitrader wrote:
> Ok I have sorted out the welcome thread I need Moderator1 (not
> me) to delete the original twelcome thread, I have incorporated
> his words into the other welcome thread along with the tips
> tricks and tutorials.

You know, when I posted the list of tutorial links onto that thread, I did assume you would merge it into your original post. I see no point in there being 2 lists at all. :)
Fri 24/08/07 at 15:17
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I've removed the duplicate Welcome thread.
Fri 24/08/07 at 15:20
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
> I see Tony wants to slim down the amount of sticky threads.
> Do you think you could un-sticky my "Webmaster Tools and
> Tips" thread? If any new posts are added it will get back
> up the list.

Thanks Digitrader,
Would you also like to un-sticky my "Webmaster Tools and Tips" thread please? I'm happy for this to move up and down when/if it gets updated. Perhaps put a reference to it in your Welcome post if you like?

Re. Spam.
Forwarding 'as an attachment' should be fine - you didn't say the 'attachment' bit in your first post...

Thanks.
Search Freeola Chat
Fri 24/08/07 at 16:05
Regular
Cheers Eccles and the other thread now in sticked. am now heading off to work and I could win bingo!! but wony can check my numbers till 1.30AM just my luck.

Kev

Eccles wrote:
> I've removed the duplicate Welcome thread.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.