GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More personal opinions in televison programmes!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/12/02 at 20:23
Regular
I was sitting there the other night watching a bit of t.v, Eastenders to be specific. The same old things happen night in night out and it just hit me that there should be more excitement within these soaps and other programmes. Would it just be hilarious if Mark Fowler was just about to serve one of the old members of Albert Square and just looked at the stool and said 'screw this love get it yourself'. Then cause havoc by running around like a mad man throwing his banana's and melons at other cast members while the production team are just astonished.

The news readers do not show feeling about the subjects they just tell it how it is, no personal thoughts involved at all. It would make it all that little bit more interesting if something like 'Tony Blair has just has decided too go to war' (or something like that) then the reader says 'what the hell is that big eared freak doing now, I'd like to fire a missile up his...?!!!' *bemused views nationwide* imagine the looks on people's faces. No doubt most of us would burst up into laughter (not about the whole war bit and people dying bla bla).

2DTV gets away with quite a lot of offensive material, maybe because it's in cartoon form? The Alistar Mcgowin thing takes it to a certain limit but then stops when it reaches the barrier. Hey I'm always wishing they would just have a pop a few people they know they can't and see the reactions then.

Another one is Countdown ... when does that show ever get exciting? When the words form something remotely rude? I'm waiting for Carol to just look at one of the sum's and say '**** this, how interesting is this, working out a bloody sum. You contestants look like a pair of retarded monkeys that have been tested on that little bit too much. the audience is about as spontaneous as my bacon sandwich and quite frankly I've had enough.' **Carol throws the cards at the contestants and storms off. This would have me in hysterics, it would be the greatest broadcast of all time. It's what your not expecting to hear but have always wondered what would happen if....

The gardening shows always seem to have false laughter in somewhere when you know people are just pi55ed off! When there is rain and like only a few hours to go they seem to laugh it off, why don't they voice their opinion? It would make much more interesting viewing than watching Charlie Idon'tbelieveinbra's Dimock digging some hole of mud. Or them bitching about another member of the team to the camera man and then stirring things up a little bit. Cause mayhem in the house, ruin the lovely surprise someone had set up and just generally have a balls up.

It's what we need more of what people are really thinking and not staying in the boundaries. I'm not saying that people should be abusive to others ... well maybe it would be funny. It's just the people we see on television never seem to say what they feel they just put on an act to 'please the viewers'. I count down the days until some just gets so frustrated the make absolute havoc infront of millions, it would boost the ratings after all!
Fri 27/12/02 at 21:25
Regular
""
well the heavy fantastic maybe...
Fri 27/12/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Does it make you trip the light fantastic? cos if it does.........
Fri 27/12/02 at 21:14
Regular
""
Is it that new mental health drug for the sweet toothed... tamarzipan... :D
Fri 27/12/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
MY GOD, HOW BIG IS THAT SPACE?
Fri 27/12/02 at 21:10
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Santa left them for me, so you may have some if you've been good this year... I'm not sure what they are called though, probably available on the internet somewhere...
Fri 27/12/02 at 20:39
"possibly impossible"
What drugs are you on man?

I want some!
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mark Fowler going mad would be funny.

Good stuff.

:)
Thu 26/12/02 at 21:02
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Man, Countdown is brilliant! I like Richard Whiteley, I think he is so funny!
"God dammit, did I just say that aloud?"
And Carol Vorderman is nice!
"Gah! Must stop releasing my thoughts... I erm mean, these lies! Lies I tell you!"
*Stands and watches everyone stare at him*
Erm....
*Runs*
Thu 26/12/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Nice post Al.

:)
Thu 26/12/02 at 20:44
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
imagionation

:P lol ok stop laughing at the illiterate fool now please... im-ag-in-at-ion

Woo Hoo!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.