GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The NWO & The WWF (A Good Thing?)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/02/02 at 12:00
Regular
Well it looks likt the waiting is almost over. I have read today that the NWO (Hulk Hogan, kevin Nash and Scott Hall) will be backstage at the Smackdown tapings this week.

Whether they wiil make an onscreen appearance is another matter.

Vince McMahon sees this as his only chance to bring his two promotion operation to life, many WWF fans see it as either a new chapter in the WWF or its final nails in the coffin lid the McMahon family have been slowly moving accross it ove rthe last year.

Hogan, nash and hall are all ego maniacs, their past records have been well publicised. they don't lie down for anyone thye don't want to. Hogan will probably walk in and demand the title, Nahs and hall will want to write their own storylines and bring in thier best buddies as stooges.

The current WWf roster is jam packed with talent ranging from the incredible (RVD) to the dismal (big show) and far too many mid-carders who just tread water.

There was a natural balance to Wrestling when the WWF had healthy competition from WCW and ECW, but with them gone the McMahon machine has gone into overdrive, taking a storyline so far then discarding it completely without any ending or excuse, matching hasbeens (undertaker to name just one of many) with great athletes,givin ght efamily too much airtime and losing more viewers per week than ever.

The talent is there, the storywriters are there as well (Paul Heyman can still do it if he's allowed)

In my opinion bringing in the NWO will just annoy the current topliners, create friction wiht mid-carders who thought they still had a chance to move up and worst of all stink up the Pay per views as matches return to the 'Glory' days of Hulkamania and the big boot finish.

What is needed is a clear plan to split the company before all resemblance to sports entertainment is lost to catchphrases (WHAT! anybobdy?) and lousy moves like the pepoples elbow become the high spots in a match.

can Hogan, nash and hall make it today in the WWF?, probably Big men have always fared well, they are all title holders (numeorus World, tag, ic etc) and have been there before.

Yes therecould be some great Hogan, Rock, Austin, Jericho, Nash, hall Matches, but they would hardly maintain any pace. RVD will prbably never reach the top he seemed so destined to late last year, Austin should retire before he falls apart, Rock is a two ove wonder in themould of Hogan and the under card haveno redeeming qualities to gain exposure.

If you ask me the worst thing Vince and c.o did was purchase a dying company and try to use its talent to inject energy into their own product. These guy may have held the world in their hands at one point, but they have let that ball drop long ago.

Can the NWO help the WWF back to the top, maybe, only time will tell.

But the big question is do we want them?
Thu 07/02/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
I can think of better people to bring into the WWF than Hogan. Nash and Hall I dont mind, but they could bring in people like Sid Vicious or Sting because Hulk Hogan carn't do much damage and he in not to scary.
Thu 07/02/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Bring it on"
I think vince is in a time warp and is going back in time instead of forward he bringing Hogan back for christ sake i don't mind hall & nash but Hogan get sorted vince
Thu 07/02/02 at 11:22
Regular
"Back in black"
I think the current WWF plan is for the NWO to invade at any possible moment. The possile moment is not really a surprise though: Expect to see the three men invade No way out and cost Austin the WWF title. Thus leading to a Austn NWO fued. Let it be a good one.
Wed 06/02/02 at 16:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The NWO have been backstage at quite a few of the recent shows. They haven't appeared yet though.

When I went on to the RAW page to see what had happened (I won't tell you anything exceot this small fact) the NWO were on the front of the Main Page which I thought meant that they must be back but, they weren't. The waiting goes on.

PS. They look like cool guys, and younger than I last remember them as. Even Hogan.... strange. :S
Wed 06/02/02 at 14:46
Yeah I agree that the mid card in the WWF is poor, but can be made better. Each week we see people like RVD get pushed but only to be dashed down nto the mid card. The people i fell bad for are the WCW stars that felt Vince buying them out was a good thing. At last they could get away from the Hall, Nash, Hogan politics. Everyone knows how arrogant the NWO where and how much power they did have in the WCW at times.

But what happens to Y2J, Booker T, Austin, Rock, HHH, Kurt Angle? These guys are the top of the ladder at the moment. But you cannot doubt that the NWO will want to come in and be straight up there. With another 3 stars coming in then some of the top stars now will have to dumped down a bit. Its sad that they worked so hard and then they'll just be right back own again.

Who knows what the NWO will bring to the WWF but it will more than likely destroy the WWF like Vince says, but truely there is more truth in what he says than he would like to believe.
Wed 06/02/02 at 12:00
Well it looks likt the waiting is almost over. I have read today that the NWO (Hulk Hogan, kevin Nash and Scott Hall) will be backstage at the Smackdown tapings this week.

Whether they wiil make an onscreen appearance is another matter.

Vince McMahon sees this as his only chance to bring his two promotion operation to life, many WWF fans see it as either a new chapter in the WWF or its final nails in the coffin lid the McMahon family have been slowly moving accross it ove rthe last year.

Hogan, nash and hall are all ego maniacs, their past records have been well publicised. they don't lie down for anyone thye don't want to. Hogan will probably walk in and demand the title, Nahs and hall will want to write their own storylines and bring in thier best buddies as stooges.

The current WWf roster is jam packed with talent ranging from the incredible (RVD) to the dismal (big show) and far too many mid-carders who just tread water.

There was a natural balance to Wrestling when the WWF had healthy competition from WCW and ECW, but with them gone the McMahon machine has gone into overdrive, taking a storyline so far then discarding it completely without any ending or excuse, matching hasbeens (undertaker to name just one of many) with great athletes,givin ght efamily too much airtime and losing more viewers per week than ever.

The talent is there, the storywriters are there as well (Paul Heyman can still do it if he's allowed)

In my opinion bringing in the NWO will just annoy the current topliners, create friction wiht mid-carders who thought they still had a chance to move up and worst of all stink up the Pay per views as matches return to the 'Glory' days of Hulkamania and the big boot finish.

What is needed is a clear plan to split the company before all resemblance to sports entertainment is lost to catchphrases (WHAT! anybobdy?) and lousy moves like the pepoples elbow become the high spots in a match.

can Hogan, nash and hall make it today in the WWF?, probably Big men have always fared well, they are all title holders (numeorus World, tag, ic etc) and have been there before.

Yes therecould be some great Hogan, Rock, Austin, Jericho, Nash, hall Matches, but they would hardly maintain any pace. RVD will prbably never reach the top he seemed so destined to late last year, Austin should retire before he falls apart, Rock is a two ove wonder in themould of Hogan and the under card haveno redeeming qualities to gain exposure.

If you ask me the worst thing Vince and c.o did was purchase a dying company and try to use its talent to inject energy into their own product. These guy may have held the world in their hands at one point, but they have let that ball drop long ago.

Can the NWO help the WWF back to the top, maybe, only time will tell.

But the big question is do we want them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.