GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where does it all end?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/01/03 at 19:15
Regular
I was just wondering. These days we are making remakes of films such as Planet of the Apes, and remakes of classics such as The Italian Job are on the way.

So in several years times are film directors going to be remaking films like the Matrix?

It just makes me wonder. Surely we can't get any better than the special effects in films today? Or can we?

And games as well. In 40 or so years time will my children/grandchildren be laughing at me because I can't play on the latest console or because I don't understand how to use the latest computers? Will classics like GTA3 and Max Payne and Mafia be laughable such as Pong is today?

Will I feel old and vulnerable to the youth? Will I cry myself to sleep?

I just don't see where we can go. Saying that I didn't see 3d games coming when I was young and playing Sonic 1 and 2. Then I didn't see DVDs coming. However now I see why they are good. Oh and I didn't see special effects getting better till I looked back at old films like Terminator and laughed at "Arnie" fixing his face.

But seriously where can we go? Better graphics - surely they come to a stop as soon as we can make them 100% photorealistic. Then where do we go? When everything looks totally realistic do we go further or do we stop at a certain CPU power and say we don't need better. Than we simply use the same console for many years as it doesn't get outdated, and our computer never needs upgrading.

So I ask you will computers forever get infinitely better or is there a place we can't go any further. And what happens then? Please don't let me hurt my brain further by giving me ideas.
Thu 02/01/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Good post there, just a shame it was pushed down thanks to an amazing amount of spam.
Thu 02/01/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I was just wondering. These days we are making remakes of films such as Planet of the Apes, and remakes of classics such as The Italian Job are on the way.

So in several years times are film directors going to be remaking films like the Matrix?

It just makes me wonder. Surely we can't get any better than the special effects in films today? Or can we?

And games as well. In 40 or so years time will my children/grandchildren be laughing at me because I can't play on the latest console or because I don't understand how to use the latest computers? Will classics like GTA3 and Max Payne and Mafia be laughable such as Pong is today?

Will I feel old and vulnerable to the youth? Will I cry myself to sleep?

I just don't see where we can go. Saying that I didn't see 3d games coming when I was young and playing Sonic 1 and 2. Then I didn't see DVDs coming. However now I see why they are good. Oh and I didn't see special effects getting better till I looked back at old films like Terminator and laughed at "Arnie" fixing his face.

But seriously where can we go? Better graphics - surely they come to a stop as soon as we can make them 100% photorealistic. Then where do we go? When everything looks totally realistic do we go further or do we stop at a certain CPU power and say we don't need better. Than we simply use the same console for many years as it doesn't get outdated, and our computer never needs upgrading.

So I ask you will computers forever get infinitely better or is there a place we can't go any further. And what happens then? Please don't let me hurt my brain further by giving me ideas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.