GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smack The Pony just isn't funny"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/02 at 18:32
Regular
Classic example today of people trying to run our lives - Smack The Pony gets a 'recommended' star in the Daily Mail. But why? It's hardly ground-breaking comedy. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's not even funny. I think it may once have been funny. I remember something once that made me chuckle. But it's gone the way of Big Train and run out of steam. The Daily Mail telling me it is funny and I have to watch it is almost wartime public deception. It's not edgy, satirical, funny, all the things that make comedy worth watching. I might put on my old copies of The Day Today - I'd buy that for a dollar!
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Classic example today of people trying to run our lives - Smack The Pony gets a 'recommended' star in the Daily Mail. But why? It's hardly ground-breaking comedy. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's not even funny. I think it may once have been funny. I remember something once that made me chuckle. But it's gone the way of Big Train and run out of steam. The Daily Mail telling me it is funny and I have to watch it is almost wartime public deception. It's not edgy, satirical, funny, all the things that make comedy worth watching. I might put on my old copies of The Day Today - I'd buy that for a dollar!
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:44
I can't beleive that you think it isn't funny!
I agree some sketches just go too far and that it isn't on the top of my list for things to watch, but if its on I will watch it.
Also Big Train is one of the funniest shows on the TV at the moment aswell as 'the office' and 'chewing the fat'. These shows are all about stupid comedy, not about people telling jokes i've heard 100 times before and people wearing funny little hats.
I agree some sketches and scenes don't make any sense at all but thats whats funny about it, and what makes people laugh. Maybe different things make different people laugh but Smack the Pony is definately hilarious and always will be to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
Personally, I think Smack The Pony is great.

However, it's not unmissable. Comedies such as Red Dwarf, the Fast Show and Father Ted are unmissable, in my view.

Just watched the Office, classique stuff. :D
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont really watch it but what Ive seen it seems quite funny enough!!
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I hate all that stuff you get on BBC like Smack the Pony and Gimme Gimme Gimme!! My mum and sister just sit there staring at it for hours, almost worshipping it!! I've tried watching it but I just didn't find any part of it funny either! I really don't see why shows like this are still in transmission, and I personally do not feel they deserve the right to be on a Sky Digital channel! One thing they all have in common is that all the actors are just lame and sick! They try to be funny but are instead just irratating!

If people want comedy they should watch 'The Fast Show' even though it's finnished, 'Only Fools and Horses' or a live show of 'Lee Evans', normally found on channel 5 on friday nights. That's what I call comedy!
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:01
Regular
It's not funny, when I have forced myself to watch it i've just sat there for the half hour that it's on silent, there's the occasional funny bit but it's still a load of rubbish.

Give me Alan Partridge or The League of Gentlemen anyday, not Smack the sodding Pony.
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
I agree with you about Gimme Gimme Gimme, that is just dyer.

Smack The Pony's on C4 and E4, by the way. {:)
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's not funny, when I have forced myself to watch it i've just sat there for
> the half hour that it's on silent, there's the occasional funny bit but it's
> still a load of rubbish.

Give me Alan Partridge or The League of Gentlemen
> anyday, not Smack the sodding Pony.

Alan Partridge maybe, but The League Of Gentlemen is just weird.
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:03
Smake the pony....BBC....? I thought it was on channel 4?

Fast show is great aswell and that Lee Evans show is one of the funniest shows i've watched ever!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
'Smack' is on C4. Big Train used to be funny, but it really lacks a certain something that it used to have. Considering that these programmes come from the same house as Alan Partridge, Brass Eye et al, I just think they're not up to scratch. That's part of my original point though. When there's nothing on, you have to watch the nearest thing to something good. That's what 'Smack' is, 'the nearest thing to something good', so you end up watching it. Sometimes you end up laughing because there's nothing better to do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.