GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dragonlance, what did you do during the war?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/02/12 at 16:20
Regular
Your post in the trivia game made me realise you must have lots of great stories to tell.

What was it like climbing the Verdon Gorge? Ever have any near death experiences while free-climbing? What was it like travelling around France? Are you fluent in any languages? How were your rugby days? Did you get any injuries? How did you get into computers? What interesting jobs have you done?
Wed 22/02/12 at 20:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
What was it like climbing the Verdon Gorge? Ever have any near death experiences while free-climbing?

The Gorge du Verdon is like a 'nirvana' to me ... brilliant climbing, hot weather and totally exposed ...upto 400m free-climbing ... how it should be! I didn't see this but it happens now:

Verdon climbing

The scenery and walking are just something else ... you don't have to climb to appreciate the Gorge, walking is just as impressive and a challenge! The climbing there is so exhilarating, so challenging and so how it should be (weather)! The limestone crags at High Tor are as good and maybe some climbs are harder, but the length of these climbs is just awe inspiring and so exposed. Love it :¬)

Near death experiences: 2

1. Never had any on any major routes but when I was single and 'fancy-free' I lived near an old quarry - 190ft at its deepest. I had put up numerous new routes in this quarry as it was my 'training ground'. Every day, throughout the year would I visit - not during rain but snow definately and all summer evenings. One summer evening I repeated one of 'my climbs' - (a 60ft vertical wall) maybe 3 or 4 times. On the last ascent, about 8ft from the top was the difficult move - a reach to the right to a 'spur', pull up to the left, push down on the right and a left reach up to the top. It didn't happen this time! The 'spur' came loose and fell by me onto the quarry floor as I pulled on it and I fell ... luckily I landed on a 4 inch ledge about 12ft lower!

2. Same quarry, you'd think you'd learn! On one side of the quarry was a 'shield wall' - a sheer face of rock shaped like a shield, maybe 90ft climb :¬) At half height was a thin ledge - chocolate bar thin - reached this and slipped! Hot evening, sweaty hands = broken nose - that's all. Love it

Strange as it may seem, but one of my best climbs in this quarry and one of the longest was best done in winter if there had been a good fall of snow - crampons and front-pointing - excellent at 190ft! Then off to the pub, which was only 500 yds away :¬)

Hope you enjoy Machie, but there is too much to tell here and it would be better to tell you 'face-to-face'. The last time I really wrote anything of any real significance were the 'love letters' to Mrs DL before we married :¬)
Wed 22/02/12 at 16:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
You really shocked me with this thread Machie haha :¬D
I suppose I have got lots to tell so ...wait a while and I'll take them one by one :¬)
Wed 22/02/12 at 16:20
Regular
Your post in the trivia game made me realise you must have lots of great stories to tell.

What was it like climbing the Verdon Gorge? Ever have any near death experiences while free-climbing? What was it like travelling around France? Are you fluent in any languages? How were your rugby days? Did you get any injuries? How did you get into computers? What interesting jobs have you done?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.