GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Look back on the Wii. What's Your Favourite Games?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/02/12 at 16:10
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Hey guys, with the Wii U due out later this year I figured it a good time to have a look back at what the Wii has offered and it's highlight titles.

I'm looking into writing a feature on the Wii and it's best games so it would be fantastic to get your views and opinions. If you guys don't mind I'd like to include what you have to say in the article too.

So let me know what you think and when I've written my piece I'll be sure to post it here for you lot to read too.

In fact I'll kick things off by saying Smash Bros Brawl as a highlight for me. So many multiplayer hours lost to this game.
Thu 23/02/12 at 13:23
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Seeing love for the Virtual Console. I'd have to agree there too. I remember downloading Donkey Kong Country and Sonic the Hedgehog on the first week I had the Wii. Especially at points where it was tough to afford a £40 game for myself, the Virtual Console games offered the chance to try titles I'd missed in the past at a reasonable price.

WiiWare too had it's moments with games like Hydroventure, Art of Balance and MotoHeroz offering games that I found myself playing more than some disc based ones. 'And Yet It Moves' was perhaps my favourite though. With a fantastic art style and music that created such a calming yet slightly moody atmosphere I was instantly hooked.
Tue 21/02/12 at 11:10
Regular
"And in last place.."
I had Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii to play the first day own owning a Wii. I started off with Mario Bros and had to drag myself off to try out Galaxy 2. As spectacular as Galaxy 2 is, I still felt the old school gameplay on Mario Bros was much more fun.

Table Tennis and the bowling on Wii Sports Resort have had a lot of play time too.
Mon 20/02/12 at 13:58
"possibly impossible"
I still play Wii Sports 2.

TMNT Smash Up, based on Smash Bros and by the same team, is a highlight because it uses the comic art and characters.

Madworld was a surprise too.

Obviously Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are superb highlights for me (as they should be for anyone).

Kirby's Epic Yarn is a woefully under-rated title too.
Mon 20/02/12 at 12:17
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The Virtual Console is a big plus for me also.

On launch Wii Sports was a huge revelation, I spent so long on that, and not just with my 'gaming friends'. The only downside is that it spawned a million clones, which were nowhere near the standard set by it.

I didn't (of course, there is plenty of time yet) get around to playing SMG2, but I really enjoyed the first one. I also didn't use WiiFit, but I think it probably deserves a mention for the impact it had on the sales of the console.

Best game, for me, has to be Skyward Sword. I have not found myself enjoying a Zelda game this much since OOT.
Mon 20/02/12 at 07:49
Regular
I look forward to reading this :)

Three highlights of the wii for me: Wii Sports, Mario Kart and Skyward Sword. Though the virtual console has also aged a big part for me
Sun 19/02/12 at 17:07
Regular
Smash Brothers was good, but I feel like the online was completely messed up.

My favorite game was Super Mario Galaxy 2. Perfect mix of fun and challenge. The would recommend it to someone over the first game, as it definitely loses a bit of its wow factor if you've played the first
Sun 19/02/12 at 16:10
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Hey guys, with the Wii U due out later this year I figured it a good time to have a look back at what the Wii has offered and it's highlight titles.

I'm looking into writing a feature on the Wii and it's best games so it would be fantastic to get your views and opinions. If you guys don't mind I'd like to include what you have to say in the article too.

So let me know what you think and when I've written my piece I'll be sure to post it here for you lot to read too.

In fact I'll kick things off by saying Smash Bros Brawl as a highlight for me. So many multiplayer hours lost to this game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.